Merit Scholarhips?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eey0re

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering if you guys could help me find out which schools in the list below offer a considerable amount of merit scholarships (im hoping at least 50% tuition). I am currently reapplying to MD schools and its not looking so great, so instead of preparing to reapply for MD schools again and wait another year, I am considering DO schools and foreign MD schools as a viable option. the list below represents the schools whose deadlines have not passed for applications.

i have 3.9+ gpa and 90th+ percentile MCAT and decent ECs and a couple publications.

LIST OF SCHOOLS:

West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

A.T. Still University School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (ATSU-SOMA)

William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine

Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (PNWU-COM)

Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM)

Touro University - California Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine (TUCOM-CA)

Touro University - Nevada Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine (TUCOM-NV)

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine Bradenton Campus (LECOM-Bradenton)

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Erie/Seton Hill (LECOM-Erie/Seton Hill)

Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine - New York (TOUROCOM)

Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific (Western U/COMP)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I was just wondering if you guys could help me find out which schools in the list below offer a considerable amount of merit scholarships (im hoping at least 50% tuition). I am currently reapplying to MD schools and its not looking so great, so instead of preparing to reapply for MD schools again and wait another year, I am considering DO schools and foreign MD schools as a viable option. the list below represents the schools whose deadlines have not passed for applications.

i have 3.9+ gpa and 90th+ percentile MCAT and decent ECs and a couple publications.

LIST OF SCHOOLS:

Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (PNWU-COM)

Touro University - California Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine (TUCOM-CA)

Touro University - Nevada Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine (TUCOM-NV)

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Erie/Seton Hill (LECOM-Erie/Seton Hill)

Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific (Western U/COMP)

You may have missed several deadlines already especially if your primary hasn't been processed through AACOMAS yet. Check out this link http://www.aacom.org/InfoFor/applicants/Pages/Instructions.aspx so you can see the dates for each school.

As far as scholarships go, some schools offer some, others none (TUCOM for example). Download the pdf file that's on this link http://www.aacom.org/resources/bookstore/cib/Pages/default.aspx . It's like the DO version of the MSAR. The financial aid sections for each school will give you some data.

I would suggest just reapplying (with improvement in ECs) with your stats. Or wait it out for the schools you haven't heard from yet.

LIST OF SCHOOLS:

KCOM offers 1000 and 2000 dollar merit based scholarships.

I know DMU-COM (not on your list) offers 1/4, 1/2, and full ride scholarships based on merit. I think the 1/4 tuition scholarship starts at an MCAT score of 30+

Members don't see this ad :)

LIST OF SCHOOLS:

I'm not sure about scholarships but with a 3.9+ and a 33+ (33 is 90th percentile) you should be able to get in to an MD school... what is the catch? what is the glaring weakness here?