MEPS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hattrack04

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I have already gone through the meps, and my recruiter has told me that I've passed it, does this mean that I am medically qualified for the scholarship? Would meps have informed me if I had not passed? Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

Most likely, Meps would've told you if you hadn't passed the physical. As long as you passed the physical, you should be medically qualified.

All I ever heard was from my recruiter that I passed. What incentive would a recruiter have to lie about that? That would be extraordinarily malicious.

There is absolutely no incentive for him to lie about you passing the physical, because if you failed the physical, you are a waste of his time. You would know now if you were in a position where you were disqualified from getting a scholarship.

Good luck on getting one oif that is what you desire. All I ask of you is that make sure that you really have a desire to be in the military and that the attractiveness of having your education paid for isn't your only factor for joining.

It definitly isnt the only reason as to why I want to do military dentistry. There are so many opportunities as a military dentist that a lot of people don't realize. Having a team of dentists willing to help you while you make the transition from a dental student to a skilled dentist is a major part of my decision. Not having to worry about the business aspect of dentistry while I make this transition will be such a benefit to me. I visited Ft. Sam Houston, which is the Dental Command post for the Army, and I enjoyed every second of the trip. I know I may not be placed exactly where I want to go, or I may be deployed during the time I serve, but becoming the best dentist that I can is my most important goal, and that outweighs any negative that a military dentist may face. Besides, being deployed is part of the honor and committment that goes along with being a dental officer.