Medical MedEdits: Medical Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Jessica Freedman, a former medical school and residency admissions officer and president of MedEdits, provides personalized advising for medical school and residency applicants. As an award winning educator and mentor, she is recognized as the industry authority by both academic and private organizations. She helps with all aspects of the admissions process, including how to improve your candidacy, write compelling documents and interview for success. Dr. Freedman also provides general career guidance for premedical and medical students.

MedEdits offers a unique, intensive "double read" process for all editing services. Both Dr. Freedman and a professional editor and writer with at least 10 years of experience review and edit every document.

Our clients have had tremendous success gaining acceptance to medical school and residency. No one in the private admissions consulting sector has Dr. Freedman's breadth and level of experience in medical admissions and medical education.

Testimonials from current MedEdits clients:

"I would recommend MedEdits to a friend and tell them that this company has completely transformed my application. MedEdits has helped me forget about my weaknesses in my application by building my strengths in other areas of my application." (This client was interviewed and accepted by several California medical schools.)

"Thanks so much for all of your help. [As a reapplicant], I really think you took my son's application to the next level with your advice and expert editing team! My son and I feel that your intimate knowledge of the medical school admissions process gave us thorough and sound advice throughout the entirety of the application cycle, from filling out the AMCAS to interview day. We definitely feel your help strengthened the AMCAS application and your interview feedback provided the confidence to perform well no matter the school…Dr. Freedman's insight as a medical school admissions committee member provided a distinct advantage on how to address strengths and weaknesses in my application, which was incredibly valuable… Her interview preparation helped in terms of addressing any weaknesses, as well as how to properly research and prepare for a particular school. I had much more confidence at interviews knowing the types of questions I would be asked and how to answer them in a clear, concise manner." (This client, a reapplicant, was accepted to medical school this year.)

"Dr. Freedman encouraged me to write my PS in the way I felt it was right although I ignored almost every "rule" [that you might read in books about writing personal statements]. The professional medical writers made it very appealing to read by adding details that awakened the reader's senses. The PD of the program where I prematched (my first choice program) told me that he loved my PS. I would like to personally thank Dr. Freedman for deciding to do this work. Dr. Freedman is very professional, yet friendly and kind. I believe that she is motivated by a genuine interest in helping applicants to pursue their dreams. I really appreciated the fact that she showed personal interest and took the time to give me personal advice outside the editing process." (This client is a residency applicant who prematched at his first choice program.)

"I cannot tell you how much it has meant to have your support. Looking back on this process, there was no one that offered better advice or preparation for my essays and the interview. It was such a great advantage to have your insider's knowledge of the admission system and without a doubt it helped me greatly…I never once spoke to the premed advisors [at my Ivy League undergraduate college] throughout this process." (This client, who had a lower than average MCAT and GPA than fellow applicants, was accepted to medical school this year.)

MedEdits will donate a one hour consulting session with Dr. Freedman for the Student Doctor Network Test Prep Week raffle. These sessions can be used for admissions consulting, career advising or interview preparation.

Visit: www.MedEdits.com .​
Visit the MedEdits blog: www.MedEdits.blogspot.com.​

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can we capitalize on this one hour session, three years from now?

It says interview prep-- could we possibly use the session as a mock interview?

Services can be used for up to one year.

Dr. Freedman also offers general career guidance for premedical and medical students so you don't need to be in your "application year" to utilize our services.

Interview preparation includes mock interviewing. A typical one hour session includes a 30 minute mock interview and 30 minutes of feedback and discussion.

Members don't see this ad :)
"Dr. Freedman is the bombdiggity. Better than biscuits and gravy. Better than peach cobbler and ice cream. She made me feel like being a premed was fun again, like I can do this thing, dents and dings be damned." --Ben.

would be very helpful

After visiting your Web Site, I was pleased to learn about Mededit's editing services. Could you please provide more information on your Letter of Intent session?

The MedEdits Letter of Intent session includes editing and revising of a letter of intent and a 30 minute consulting session. Unless you are an existing client whom we know well, to help create an effective letter of intent, we must have a clear understanding of your accomplishments and goals which requires dialogue and a review of the documents you have already submitted.

I'm very interested- please enter me! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.