Army MEB timeline question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find the answer on my own. Is there a time limitation on how long it takes from the assignment of a P3 profile requiring an MEB and the first signature?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mean from when the P3 is submitted and the IDES doc signs it? I don't know about a limit but it shouldn't take longer than 2 weeks. If it's unsigned there may be a problem with the wording.

Do you mean from when the P3 is submitted and the IDES doc signs it? I don't know about a limit but it shouldn't take longer than 2 weeks. If it's unsigned there may be a problem with the wording.

Yeah, I guess so. I haven't worked with AD for the past 5 years, so I don't know the current process very well. Basically, P3 submitted and marked that MEB referral is necessary. Initiating doc signed it. Nobody else has and it's sort of just sitting idle. It also does not appear to be in the, "pending second signature", queue.

Can you reach out to IDES and see what the problem is? Sometimes they will just bounce it back but not bother to call you or the initiating doc. It may be some minor bookkeeping aspect of the P3 itself or IDES may want subspecialty referral.