MD/MBA Questions or Problems???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shoredawg17

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, I need some help here. Right now im a college student and feel like I have no idea what I want to do with myself in the future. I am pretty sure i want to work in healthcare but have no desire of becoming a doctor and working with patients and all thos things. I have been doing some research and seem intrigued by this MD/MBA program. But how does this program work? Would I complete all my pre-reqs, take the Mcats and then apply to med school? Also, what do i do after? I really have no desire going to residency so would I be excused from this by completing the MBA part of my degree. Also, of course medical school is going to leave me in emmense amounts of debt. What type of job can a MD/MBA degree and what type of money am I looking at earning? I really would like to do something in running a hospital or something of that sort, but have no desire for residency. Is redicency required?? If someone who currently owns this type of degree, please share your experience. Please help me with some of your guys knowledge, I truly appreciate it.. Thank you...

Members don't see this ad.

hmm in case no one responds:

read around this forum a bit--I think there is an FAQ somewhere too. Some ppl in the threads will stand out as the more knowledgeable ones. Might want to try personalized msgs with unique questions to them. bluejay for one knows much. Most programs need MCAT and GMAT, take 5 yrs. Residency is recommended but not imperative. Could be an option not go attend med school at all and still run a hospital. gtg