MD/MBA Interest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blessings7

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I am applying this cycle and interested in doing MD/MBA. On secondary applications I have received, the question about relevant experience to an MBA has come up. I don't actually have relevant experience in the business field, so I don't know what to do to answer that question. I can definitely answer the question of why an MD/MBA as far as my future career goals. So, any ideas or advice in helping me to answer what relevant experiences? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

What goals or experiences have led you to believe that an MBA in addition to your MD degree would be useful to you in your future career?

My goal is to have my own practice one day and I believe having an MBA degree would help to me to smoothly run the practice on the business aspect of it. I don't have any business experiences though.

Members don't see this ad :)
You don't need an MBA if your goal is just to run your own practice. Much easier to just find some online courses/books to brush you up on specific skills as you find it necessary.

Plus, most dual degree programs require some sort of relevant experiences.

Not saying that I need one per say, but I do actually want it. I've been quite interested in business for some time, and when I learned of dual degree options, I realized I could also use the MBA skills/knowledge I would gain will help me when I want to open my practice.. But thanks.