Program-Specific Info / Q's MCPHS (New Hampshire Campus) OT Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Do I take a chance on MCPHS?

• No

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

OT652

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently accepted into MCPHS Occupational Therapy Program for the New Hampshire campus and being that it's fairly new I wanted to hear some thoughts on the program. Any previous, current or future students have any input? How are the professors and how helpful are they? Do they have good relations with their fieldwork sites? Does anyone regret not going to a school that has had a program for longer? PLEASE help me out.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
When did you apply? I still haven't heard back!

When did you apply? I still haven't heard back!
I heard back early November! I applied to all schools in early September. When I called to check on the status of my application they told me they usually don't get to most until December/ January so I wouldn't be too worried! It doesn't hurt to call and ask on the status of your application- they are very nice! Do you know much about the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I was accepted in the middle of November! :) I have heard that it's a good program!

Reactions: 1 user
I am waiting to hear back from them as well! Hopefully I will be accepted. I still have to take child psych which I am this spring so I hope they don't get too irritated with that

I am waiting to hear back from them as well! Hopefully I will be accepted. I still have to take child psych which I am this spring so I hope they don't get too irritated with that

No worries they accepted me even though I was missing child psych. As long as it is planned or in progress they won't care. You just have to have it done before classes start and since you're taking it in the spring you'll be fine.

No worries they accepted me even though I was missing child psych. As long as it is planned or in progress they won't care. You just have to have it done before classes start and since you're taking it in the spring you'll be fine.
Okay fingers crossssssed......I submitted my app super late but they said it doesn't matter that much

Have you decided if you are going there or not?

Not sure! I am waiting to hear back from a couple of other programs first. But I need to put down the deposit soon...so those other schools literally only have a week before I put down the deposit for MCPHS.

Hoping I hear back soon as well!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol we'll see! I'll definitely let you know if I hear anything!! hopeeeefully soon I'm so impatient!
Hahaha I am crazy impatient as well I am dying to get out of personal training and start back up in school.

It's nice to hear you have all applied to MCPHS! How do you guys feel about the Accredidation? Are you going to go there if you get in?

It's nice to hear you have all applied to MCPHS! How do you guys feel about the Accredidation? Are you going to go there if you get in?

I'm not too worried about it! I could commute so I think I would go there if I was accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

From what I've see posted from people who are currently at MCPHS for OT, it seems like a great program. I'm a bit worried that they are listed as having a "candidacy status" instead of a "pre-accredidation" one (candidacy status is one of the first steps, pre-accredidation later), but MCPHS seems so solid in their other graduate programs, I can't imagine they'd have too much trouble eventually becoming accredited for OT. I found a document detailing the accreditation process for prospective applicants from aota.org and have attached it if anyone is curious what the accreditation counsel has to say :)

Attachments

• prospectiveapplicantletter.pdf
    125.7 KB · Views: 125
I called AOTA and they gave me the dates they will be completing the steps on and they said they aim to be accredited by end of spring/summer 2018. They said there is very, very slim chance they would not be accredited. So I am not so worried about that anymore!

Reactions: 1 users
Got my rejection letter today :( ]

I'm sorry :( ! Don't give up! Just because it didn't work out with them does not mean it won't work out with someone else!!

Last edited:
Did anyone else hear back from them lately??