Mba Gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstu110

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have gotten an MBA and then gone to medical school- what's considered a good GPA for your MBA.

Members don't see this ad.

medstu110 said:
For those of you who have gotten an MBA and then gone to medical school- what's considered a good GPA for your MBA.

I'm planning on having at least a 3.7 or plus which 3.6 is honors, 3.8 is high honors (my goal) and 3.9 is highest honors.

mshheaddoc said:
I'm planning on having at least a 3.7 or plus which 3.6 is honors, 3.8 is high honors (my goal) and 3.9 is highest honors.

Good job. That's quite amazing for someone who is working!

Members don't see this ad :)
Aucdoctobe said:
Good job. That's quite amazing for someone who is working!

:thumbup: Thanks!

I hope that it reflects positively on AMCAS making up my atricious undergrad GPA! :) Armed with my kick-butt GPA in my post bacc ... hoping that gets me in!

I had a ~3.9, was valedictorian and president of the class (plus some other shtuff - B-school was a TOTAL blast). However, on the interview trail most either said, "Hmmm, that's an interesting background," or actually felt that they had to question my seriousness about pursuing an MD/PhD (as in, "So, why would a BUSINESS (sneer barely concealed) type want to go to med school?").

Again, perhaps the above is a bit of an overstatement, but I did find that the MBA was more of a curiousity and not valued all that highly by ad-coms. It certainly didn't hurt, but its value was less than the effort to get it. They liked the volunteer time in the ED and the paper from a pre-doc fellowship a WHOLE lot more.

P