Mayo Clinic Interview 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a_cx95

Reaction score
Hi! Has anyone gone through the interview with Mayo Clinic this cycle (or last year)? I would love to know how it went, as I have the interview coming up. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! Has anyone gone through the interview with Mayo Clinic this cycle (or last year)? I would love to know how it went, as I have the interview coming up. Thanks!
Hey, me too! Is your interview on Oct. 2nd?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed with Mayo Clinic yesterday! I thought it went pretty well. We had a Q&A with the program director and the clinical director, and then another Q&A with current students before interviewing.

I interviewed with Mayo Clinic yesterday! I thought it went pretty well. We had a Q&A with the program director and the clinical director, and then another Q&A with current students before interviewing.
Glad to hear that it went well! Is Mayo one of your top schools? Also, approximately how long was your interview and did you feel like you were pretty prepared for it?

Glad to hear that it went well! Is Mayo one of your top schools? Also, approximately how long was your interview and did you feel like you were pretty prepared for it?
Yes Mayo is one of my top schools! And the interview was about half an hour, and I felt prepared. I didn't think the questions were difficult at all

I just interviewed with Mayo on Friday. It was a great experience! Before your interview date, they send out information on how they'd like you to respond to their questions. Just follow that general format and I think you'll do great! Good luck!

I just interviewed with Mayo on Friday. It was a great experience! Before your interview date, they send out information on how they'd like you to respond to their questions. Just follow that general format and I think you'll do great! Good luck!
That is good to know, thanks so much! I’m glad you had a good experience with the interview, hope you get in! :)

Have any of you heard back from Mayo Clinic? I interview soon and am curious to know how long it takes for admissions to get back to their interviewees!

Have any of you heard back from Mayo Clinic? I interview soon and am curious to know how long it takes for admissions to get back to their interviewees!
Yes, I heard back yesterday (1 week after my interview). I’m on the waitlist, so not the best, but also not the worst. Best of luck to you on your interview!

Yes, I heard back yesterday (1 week after my interview). I’m on the waitlist, so not the best, but also not the worst. Best of luck to you on your interview!
Thanks for letting me know. Mayo Clinic is such a competitive program with such a small class size, so getting on the waitlist is an accomplishment in itself. Thanks and good luck with the rest of the app process!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!! I was accepted into the Mayo Clinic program last Friday!! They got back to me in a very reasonable amount of time.

Just got my interview invitation!!! Any advice or tips on what to expect?

Just got my interview invitation!!! Any advice or tips on what to expect?
It's a behavioral interview with one faculty member and one second year student. The actual interview portion takes like 30 minutes or so. Just have some stories prepared that you can draw from. They even give you 2 out of 5 questions before the interview, so you can practice those ones. Other than that, I'd just say to try to stay relaxed.

Hello! I was waitlisted too. I can't remember if they said how many are placed on the waitlist. I know they don't rank the waitlist until the spring but I am curious as to how many are placed on the waitlist. Did everyone who had an interview get placed on the waitlist if they weren't offered acceptance?

Hello! I was waitlisted too. I can't remember if they said how many are placed on the waitlist. I know they don't rank the waitlist until the spring but I am curious as to how many are placed on the waitlist. Did everyone who had an interview get placed on the waitlist if they weren't offered acceptance?
I don't think they said how many they put on the waitlist, but if it was everyone who gets an interview it could be like 150 people on the waitlist, which seems like a lot. So I don't really know, but I wouldn't think that they would put everyone on there.

I also heard back and got accepted last Friday! Good luck with your interview!

Congrats DPTstudent 24 and ADPT on your acceptances. :)

Was the interview strictly behavioral questions and in the question-answer format? Or did it lean towards conversational at times?

There are the 5 questions that are asked and then it defiantly turns conversational at points! Usually there was a follow up after I was done answering the question.

Congrats DPTstudent 24 and ADPT on your acceptances. :)

Was the interview strictly behavioral questions and in the question-answer format? Or did it lean towards conversational at times?
I agree with what DPTstudent24 said. I was asked specific questions about my responses after I had answered each question, and it got a little conversational. And then when I finished answering the questions I was given an opportunity to ask any other questions I had, so it got conversational with that as well. Good luck!!

It's a behavioral interview with one faculty member and one second year student. The actual interview portion takes like 30 minutes or so. Just have some stories prepared that you can draw from. They even give you 2 out of 5 questions before the interview, so you can practice those ones. Other than that, I'd just say to try to stay relaxed.
Do they give you the 5 questions several days before the interview to practice or the day of the interview?

Do they give you the 5 questions several days before the interview to practice or the day of the interview?
They send 2 questions about a week prior to the interview