match lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oncogene

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright guys I think it time that we start getting match list for each of the schools and posting them on this forum. I think that this not only will give insight to the pre-pods but also allow us pod students a chance to see how things are going across the country. I think that we have regular posters from all schools except cali so, this should be doable. Of course leave out the names but, include hospital, duration of the program. What do you guys think? :thumbup: :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

Alright guys I think it time that we start getting match list for each of the schools and posting them on this forum. I think that this not only will give insight to the pre-pods but also allow us pod students a chance to see how things are going across the country. I think that we have regular posters from all schools except cali so, this should be doable. Of course leave out the names but, include hospital, duration of the program. What do you guys think? :thumbup: :thumbdown:

It may take a week or so until everything is final. There are still people scrambling.

This is what I know so far from NYCPM:

INOVA - PM&S-36
Scripps - PM&S-36
LIJ x 2 - PM&S-36
North Lake - PM&S-36
North General - unsure
Statin Island - PM&S-36
St. Francis - PM&S-36
St. Mary's/Bon Securs x 2 - PM&S-36
Yale x 4 - PM&S-36
Cambridge - PM&S-36
St. Vincent's JAX - PM&S-36
Hollywood FL - PM&S-36
U of T San Antonio - PM&S-36
Palo Alto - PM&S-36
City of Angels LA - PM&S-36
St. Michaels NJ - PM&S-36
Morristown NJ - PM&S-36
Youngstown OH - PM&S-36
Presbyterian Greenville TX - PM&S-36

That is all I know for now and can remember.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is what I know from DMU:

-West Penn X 3
-Detroit Medical Center X 2
-Inova Fairfax X 2
-U of Florida X 2
-U of Utah X 2
-St. Josephs (Clinton Township, MI) X 2
-St. John North Shore (Harrison Township, MI)
-Grant Medical Center (Columbus, Ohio)
-St. Mary's (Evansville, Indiana)
-UPMC Southside (PA)
-DVA Phoenix
-West Houston Medical Center
-Northern Colorado Medical Center
-DVA Southern Arizona
-Forrest Park (St. Louis, Missouri)
-St Lukes (Allentown, PA)
-DVA Pudget Sound (Seattle)
-St. Josephs (Milwaukee, WI)

an updated list:

INOVA - PM&S-36
Scripps - PM&S-36
LIJ x 2 - PM&S-36
North Lake - PM&S-36
North General - unsure
Statin Island - PM&S-36
St. Francis - PM&S-36
St. Mary's/Bon Securs x 2 - PM&S-36
Yale x 4 - PM&S-36
Cambridge - PM&S-36
St. Vincent's JAX - PM&S-36
Hollywood FL - PM&S-36
U of T San Antonio - PM&S-36
Palo Alto - PM&S-36
City of Angels LA - PM&S-36
St. Michaels NJ - PM&S-36
Morristown NJ - PM&S-36
Youngstown OH - PM&S-36
Presbyterian Greenville TX - PM&S-36
Interfaith Brooklyn - PM&S-36
Long Beach CA - PM&S-36
Gouverneur NY - PM&S-36

congrats on matching w/innova Sam! It is an awesome program and I'm sure you'll do great. The two girls from DMU who matched there are really nice and I'm sure you will all work great together.

congrats on matching w/innova Sam! It is an awesome program and I'm sure you'll do great. The two girls from DMU who matched there are really nice and I'm sure you will all work great together.

First - they are women. JK

I know both of them, I was with MK at UMDNJ and I met the other one at the Chi-town interviews since they were roomates their (and at school) . I agree that we will work well together. I cannot wait!

First - they are women. JK

I know both of them, I was with MK at UMDNJ and I met the other one at the Chi-town interviews since they were roomates their (and at school) . I agree that we will work well together. I cannot wait!

Congrats!!

I met one of those DMU students at a Weil's externship, she seems very nice.

Hi everyone. I am a TUSPM 2007 student. I am not in clinic this month, so I only know where a few of my classmates matched. Here they are:

Northlake - Tucker x 3
Highlands P/SL - Denver x 1
Penn Presbyterian x 3
Kaiser Vallejo x 1
Kaiser SF Bay Area x 2
Kaiser Santa Clara x 1
Beth Israel - Boston x 1
Franciscan Health System - Washington x 1
East Orlando x 1

Obviously there are many more, but these are they only ones I know right now.

... I am a TUSPM 2007 student. I am not in clinic this month, so I only know where a few of my classmates matched. Here they are:

Northlake - Tucker x 3...
If you don't mind, could you shed some light on the current status of that program? Apparently some of Temple's externs must have liked it if they interviewed and then matched there recently?

I know PI's reputation is very good, but I'm just curious because I've heard some horror stories about the residency program and externship lately. I'd be interested in some additional perspective because I need to make up my mind fairly soon about whether I want to extern there or not (I'm not very interested in the residency, but just the quality of the externship experience). Feel free to PM if that's easier.

BTW, I'd try to provide a Barry c/o 07 match list, but I really don't know very many at all and I'm not sure if people are private about that stuff or not. I don't think any current Barry seniors post on here that I've seen, so you might be out of luck there. A large number of Barry students want to stay in Florida - or even right in Miami - for residency and end up doing just that.

If you don't mind, could you shed some light on the current status of that program? Apparently some of Temple's externs must have liked it if they interviewed and then matched there recently?

I know PI's reputation is very good, but I'm just curious because I've heard some horror stories about the residency program and externship lately. I'd be interested in some additional perspective because I need to make up my mind fairly soon about whether I want to extern there or not (I'm not very interested in the residency, but just the quality of the externship experience). Feel free to PM if that's easier.

I did not extern or visit northlake. A classmate of mine loved it and will be a resident and another classmate of mine hated it and counted down the days til he left starting on day 3.

The reason people have such strong feeling about this program...
It has been described to me as militant. If you like the militant atmosphere you may like it at Northlake, as in externs are to be seen and heard only when spoken too... this may be an extreme senario but that is what I have heard.

Whether you love it or hate it apparently everyone that goes there learns tons of stuff especially podiatry/surgical technique history.

I did not extern or visit northlake. A classmate of mine loved it and will be a resident and another classmate of mine hated it and counted down the days til he left starting on day 3.

It has been described to me as militant. If you like the militant atmosphere you may like it at Northlake, as in externs are to be seen and heard only when spoken too... this may be an extreme senario but that is what I have heard.

Whether you love it or hate it apparently everyone that goes there learns tons of stuff especially podiatry/surgical technique history.

Northlake gets a lot of attention because of McGlamry. In my opinion, you can get as good or better training and put up with a lot less BS at a lot of other programs.

The program is actually transitioning to another hospital at this time.

Hi everyone. I am a TUSPM 2007 student. I am not in clinic this month, so I only know where a few of my classmates matched. Here they are:

Northlake - Tucker x 3
Highlands P/SL - Denver x 1
Penn Presbyterian x 3
Kaiser Vallejo x 1
Kaiser SF Bay Area x 2
Kaiser Santa Clara x 1
Beth Israel - Boston x 1
Franciscan Health System - Washington x 1
East Orlando x 1

Obviously there are many more, but these are they only ones I know right now.

Here are some additions to your list for Class of 2007 (based on what I have heard from your classmates)

Temple x 3
West Penn
UPMC South Side
Tenet Roxborough
Community Medical Center - Scranton
Grant Medical Center

I will post more as I hear more. It is good to see TUSPM students getting into some of the good California programs such as Kaiser - SF Bay Area.

Members don't see this ad :)
add to NYCPM's list

JFK - atlantis florida

Just signed, and Florida bound. Goodbye winter, it's been nice, hope i find my paradiiiiise

I'm jealous, I have not received my contract yet.

Don't worry Krab, you'll be signing soon. And as far as the weather, I am not that jealous that ModPod is going to south Florida. I've heard that Virginia and Michigan are beautiful in January! :laugh:

Don't worry Krab, you'll be signing soon. And as far as the weather, I am not that jealous that ModPod is going to south Florida. I've heard that Virginia and Michigan are beautiful in January! :laugh:

yeah, well i know that we all have our crosses to bear. I will do my best in January dealing with 78 and sunny.:) :D

If I had to pick between snow and humidity, I'd pick snow any day. white wonderland!:thumbup:

Northlake gets a lot of attention because of McGlamry. In my opinion, you can get as good or better training and put up with a lot less BS at a lot of other programs.

The program is actually transitioning to another hospital at this time.
Thanks for the info.

Like I said, I don't think I'm truly interested in the program (right now I feel I want a much more rounded focus with more wound care). Still, it sounds like it might be a great first or second extership stop as I make my way up from Florida towards the midwest clerkships I'll probably be keying in on. Hopefully Northlake would scare the heck outta me and make me start reading a ton like it sounds that PSL did for you :D

Thanks for the info.

Like I said, I don't think I'm truly interested in the program (right now I feel I want a much more rounded focus with more wound care). Still, it sounds like it might be a great first or second extership stop as I make my way up from Florida towards the midwest clerkships I'll probably be keying in on. Hopefully Northlake would scare the heck outta me and make me start reading a ton like it sounds that PSL did for you :D

That sounds like a good idea. My friend will be a first year resident. PM me if you find out that you are going there and I will give your her info.

Hey you guys, I just wanted to say thank you for posting your 2007 match info. It is great to see that you guys are making it into great residency programs. Please keep posting as more info comes out, keep all the hopes for pre-pod students alive.:D