General Admissions & OTCAS MAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applicant14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you taken the MAT? if so, what was your score? Seems most people took the GRE. Do you think schools value one test over another, or just look for high scores?

Members don't see this ad.

I took the MAT and was recently admitted to a very competitive MOT program with a score of 411. It is my impression that a school weighs them both equally and are just looking for an above average score (my school was asking for a MAT score of over 400). I had taken the GRE before and didn't score as high as I would of liked. In my opinion opt for the MAT if you have the option...

Have any of you taken the MAT? if so, what was your score? Seems most people took the GRE. Do you think schools value one test over another, or just look for high scores?
I took the MAT and GRE and programs that accept both weigh them equally. I got a 430 on my MAT and it definitely helped my application. Most programs seem to want above 400.

thanks for your input! glad to hear others took it as well. good luck in your programs. now if I could only hear back from tju and Philly u... :boom: