Masqurading physician ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dotobe2014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody heard anything about whats going on in Mesa at ATSU-SOMA? Has anyone heard about the doc who really wasnt a doc? This individual made statements like they were a doc, asked students to shadow but when push comes to shove, no license, no verifiable credentials. For shame! :confused: How is a doctor not really a doctor and how do they get to teach in med school.

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody heard anything about whats going on in Mesa at ATSU-SOMA? Has anyone heard about the doc who really wasnt a doc? This individual made statements like they were a doc, asked students to shadow but when push comes to shove, no license, no verifiable credentials. For shame! :confused: How is a doctor not really a doctor and how do they get to teach in med school.

Rubbish!

This seems like a blatant smear... Do you have a link? Source?

I'm not buying it.

ETA:

Hmmm.....

Members don't see this ad :)
to dotobe2014:

How are you sure of your information? You also may want to change your name; you'd be "Class of 2015" if you were applying to medical school....

Immature flaming of other schools without proof is not the work of a person I'd want to be my doctor. This forum is about supporting our fellow physicians, schools, and medical students, not bashing our fellow colleagues.

To borrow from your quote, you haven't "made statements like they were a doc".

Hey I'm not bashing, Im trying to get the truth out there, Somebody is afraid of the truth. Go to the board of medical examiners and check out all of your docs. Do the ones who say they have practiced, practiced in the state at all? The information is public information. I'm just saying not everybody is what they claim to be. Don't you all care about who is teaching there? Guess not. Good luck with that very expensive and quality education.:laugh:

You sound like a thirteen year old girl spreading drama. Go back to watching "scrubs." Even if this is true who cares? Just be the best doctor you can be. Even schools like Harvard and Yale have professors busted for unethical conduct. Doesn't mean they are a bad schools. Did you get turned down by this school or something and that is why you are acting so immature and unprofessional? I mean you signed up for an account just to post this.

yeah i agree with you pedoncdoc. if dotobe2014 can link us to an article or something i would believe it but he hasnt shown anything. i just interviewed there and i thought it was a great school. btw dotobe2014, you should know phds are called doctors too right? there are a bunch of phds that teach there. sometimes doctors arent the best at teaching a certain subject so they have more specialized people teach it.

You sound like a thirteen year old girl spreading drama. Go back to watching "scrubs." Even if this is true who cares? Just be the best doctor you can be. Even schools like Harvard and Yale have professors busted for unethical conduct. Doesn't mean they are a bad schools. Did you get turned down by this school or something and that is why you are acting so immature and unprofessional? I mean you signed up for an account just to post this.

Very valid point fine sir/madam. To the OP, I've always wondered: do trolls like carrots? Just curious because Im eating a bag of them at this very moment and I am a generous person

Very valid point fine sir/madam. To the OP, I've always wondered: do trolls like carrots? Just curious because Im eating a bag of them at this very moment and I am a generous person

Not trying to bump a thread or anything, but I took a campus of tour of ATSU-SOMA a while back. Seriously, the school was nothing but pure awesomeness.

Last edited:
Not to fuel the fire, but I work at a bank near SOMA and there is a gentleman that comes in every once in a while claiming he's a doctor and is always offering to let me shadow him. After some online research it turns out that while he did graduate from the Kirksville campus, he doesn't currently hold a license to practice medicine. At any rate, he's very friendly and helpful. Perhaps this is the gentleman of who the OP speaks?