Maryland Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

First off, congrats! Second, yes that is usually a good sign and it precedes an interview invite. This is speaking out of experience as a re-applicant to Maryland, I got my interview invite a week or two after sending over my supplementary app. May I ask when did you originally send out your apps? Mine went out in mid-July this year in case you are curious.
You have no idea how excited that makes me to hear it typically means an invite is coming. Im a reapplicant myself, first time applying to Maryland though and I really, really needed this. How far away were the interview dates from when they sent you the invite? Like how long did you have to prepare? I also submitted June 1st this cycle but did email them a letter of interest a few weeks ago probably in early August.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #7
School: UMDSOD
Notification date: 09/20/2023
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 05/30/2023
Application complete: 08/28/2023
GPA (overall, science): 3.48, 3.42
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/23/21/none
Method of Interview: Virtual

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied in mid june, but just got the "AADSAS Application Processed" email, despite paying for the secondary in the end of june and getting the confirmation of the fee payment and DAT scores in early july. does this mean I should be expecting the secondary soon?

I got an interview yesterday for 10/4. I have two questions. The email said the interview starts at 11AM, is that in Maryland time? Also, how long does the Zoom interview last, since I have class after?

I got an interview yesterday for 10/4. I have two questions. The email said the interview starts at 11AM, is that in Maryland time? Also, how long does the Zoom interview last, since I have class after?
Did they give you the date or did you have the option to pick?

if it's over zoom, it should have a time attached to it via email that will state what time it starts at. I would assume the time is that of where the school is located unless it says 11AM (Your timezone).

Can I ask when you submitted your supplemental app? Congrats on getting an interview, so exciting!

Hi! for those who already had an interview, it says that it starts at 11 am, around what time does it end? 4 or 5 pm?

I hope I entered this information correctly.

Interview #1
Notification date: 10/2/2023
AADSAS mail-out date: 05/10/2023
Application complete: 08/21/2023
GPA (overall, science): 4.0,4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/21/22/27/none

I hope I entered this information correctly.

Interview #1
Notification date: 10/2/2023
AADSAS mail-out date: 05/10/2023
Application complete: 08/21/2023
GPA (overall, science): 4.0,4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/21/22/27/none
Can I ask when you got/submitted the supplemental. Congrats!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also received an invite.

Quick question: The time for the interview is EST correct?

Can I ask when you got/submitted the supplemental. Congrats!!
Thanks, I got the supplemental on September 8th via email, not exactly sure when I sent it out but probably within a week from that date.
Also received an invite.

Quick question: The time for the interview is EST correct?
Yes, it says eastern time in the confirmation email

Hi! for those who already had an interview, it says that it starts at 11 am, around what time does it end? 4 or 5 pm?
Haven’t had the interview yet but the schedule is written as going from 2pm to 7pm with an hour break in the middle

Interview # 2
School: Maryland
Notification date: 10/2
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: early june
Application complete date: 06/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.98, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a
17): 22/24/21/17/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/11
Method of interview: virtual

interview #1 😁😁😁
Notification date: 10/9
Residency: OOS (PA)
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: 7/11
Secondary received: 9/19
GPA (science, overall): GPA: 3.6 Overall:
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA, 18 TS, 21 PAT, 22 Reading—-> nothing below 17
Method of interview: Virtual (10/17)

Has anyone received a supp app after submitting application mid August?

interview #1 😁😁😁
Notification date: 10/9
Residency: OOS (PA)
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: 7/11
Secondary received: 9/19
GPA (science, overall): GPA: 3.6 Overall:
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA, 18 TS, 21 PAT, 22 Reading—-> nothing below 17
Method of interview: Virtual (10/17)
Congrats! How long after you received it did you submit your secondary?

Is there a second interview for Maryland? Has anyone received one?

Did anyone else's status change from Invited to Interview to Received/Under Review after their interview?

interview #4
Notification date: 10/30
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/7
Secondary received: 10/4
GPA (science, overall): GPA: 3.75 Overall:
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA, 20 TS, 18 PAT
Method of interview: Virtual (11/8)

Recieved the secondary a few days ago. I was just wondering how likely someone is to get an interview after they finish the secondary?

Recieved the secondary a few days ago. I was just wondering how likely someone is to get an interview after they finish the secondary?
I would say it’s very likely! I got my invite about 2 weeks after I submitted the secondary.

Has anyone received a supp app after submitting application mid August?
Haven't received anything yet regarding a secondary. All this time I thought the application fee was the secondary app.. I applied mid august

Haven't received anything yet regarding a secondary. All this time I thought the application fee was the secondary app.. I applied mid august
I just received the secondary application about an hour ago! It is separate from the fee.

Has anyone who has applied mid to late September received a secondary?

is the technical standards doc something we need to fill out now (post-interview), or after matriculation?

Does Maryland offer application advising? Verified early June, but have yet to hear back. Assuming I've been rejected and seeking proactive feedback

Does Maryland offer application advising? Verified early June, but have yet to hear back. Assuming I've been rejected and seeking proactive feedback
wait until spring to ask...

I don’t believe so, but if you are waitlisted, they do accept a letter of intent

Just received a secondary application - what are the chances of obtaining an interview at this point?

Just received a secondary application - what are the chances of obtaining an interview at this point?
Pretty sure everyone who gets a secondary gets an interview, got my invite about 3 weeks after sent in my secondary app.

• Care
Same here! As someone who went through this with Maryland last year, it's very strong, this is just a helpful formality from the admission staff