Marshall MUSOM Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thecooljb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread for those accepted or interviewing at MUSOM for next year's class. Gives us a chance to get to know each other before next year starts. Feel free to ask questions about Marshall or the Huntington area.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone been accepted or interviewing at Marshall this year????

Well, I interviewed there in October, but I still don't know if I'll be attending or not. The committee decided to wait for my fall semester grades before making a decision.

Have you been accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. Accepted for next fall's class. Anyone else on here been accepted? Looking forward to hearing from others. Happy Holidays.

If anyone is looking for housing, I have a house for sale very close to the medical school. It has 6 wooded lots, off street parking, 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, and a full basement. New carpet and bathroom flooring. Refinished hardwood floors on the first floor as well. This is a great home to live in while being so close to Cabell Huntington Hospital and the medical school. Priced to sell at $74,900. Email me at [email protected] if you might be interested. For sale only. No renters.

Congrats to the future MUSOM students. I'm a graduate there who stayed for residency. It's a good school with lots of great faculty.

I got the acceptance phone call on Tuesday! :D I still can't believe it and I don't think I'll quit thinking they made a mistake until I get an official letter. :rolleyes::laugh:

Hey firebird what type of residency are you doing?

Internal Medicine

Can anyone from here post some details about your interview experience? I am trying to get down from Philly to Huntington and is having difficulties to fins the best mode of transportation.... thank you and congrats to those of you accepted by the school! :laugh:

Can anyone from here post some details about your interview experience? I am trying to get down from Philly to Huntington and is having difficulties to fins the best mode of transportation.... thank you and congrats to those of you accepted by the school! :laugh:

You should check out the info in the interview feedback section of SDN. It really helped me in preparing for my interview. :thumbup:

There is also a thread in pre allo discussing the Marshall secondary. It also has info on interview experiences etc.

I was interviewed by two adcom members separately with one medical student sitting in on both. Both interviews were very laid back with no tough ethical questions or anything. The students asked me the toughest questions which still weren't that bad. :) They really just want to get to know you.

There is unfortunately no tour of the school so if you want to look at their facilities you'll have to do so on your own. Some of the facilities are at the undergrad campus which is a couple miles away from the hospital. So I would recommend flying into the Tristate airport and renting a car so you can drive around Huntington a little bit.

If you have anymore questions let me know!! And good luck!:luck::luck:

Was accepted back in mid-October.... good to see a few more on here, and congrats!

I'm living in Hurricane, WV, right now.

Any of you check out the Facebook group for the MUSOM 2013 class? I started it up for the same purpose as this thread. I think there are ~10 members right now.

The interview situation for me was really laid back as well. None of the questions were difficult and the interviewers were genuinely nice. The interview feedback section helped me out a good bit too. Great suggestion and great place to start getting an overview of what people thought.

Last edited:
I am an out of state applicant and Marshall is my #1 choice. I have not been asked for an interview. Is it too late to expect anything? or are they still reviewing applications? Does anyone know? I was complete 10/31. (I have kept in contact with Ms. Warren, but I don't want to over do it by pestering her too much.)Thank you and good luck/congratulations to those interviewing/attending.

Hello!

Congrats to those of you that have been accepted.

I was invited to interview on 1/24 (OOS). My date is 2/17. I was excited to recieve such a late invite but i think out of staters have just started to be reviewed.

Anyone care to tell me some highlights of marshall? why it would be a good school to go to?

Thanks

Just joined the site, I was accepted back in the Fall. I got a really good vibe from everyone there.

Has anyone interviewed with Marshall recently? If so did you receive any indication of how much longer they will be interviewing or when the admissions committee will be meeting? I interviewed early in January (OOS student) and I don't want to bug anyone about when we'll be finding out. Any information you can give me would be much appreciated! And good luck to everyone. :)

Accepted! OOS :love:

Congrats PipiChen!! :thumbup: Do you think your be attending?

I just got accepted late last week. I'm super excited :D

EDIT: I'm OOS too, PipiChen!

Last edited:
hey guys, I know this thread is kinda old, but I'm a pharmacist who is moving to Huntington next week.

You all should keep me in your social loop! I haven't lived in a town that small since elementary school...