"Manuscript Under Review" vs. "Manuscript In Revision, [Journal name]"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EvoMed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have secondaries complete at a number of schools but still working through the last few secondaries (hope I'm not too late...)

Yesterday my lab heard back regarding a paper, with positive reviews and editor asking for some revisions. On my primary app and all previous secondaries, I simply listed this paper as "Manuscript Under Review". I'm second author and submission is at a high impact journal. As I continue through more secondaries, would it be appropriate to instead list ("Manuscript Under Revision, [Journal Name]")

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sure.... just keep in mind that if you interview, some of the judgement on your application would be tied up to the outcome/luck of this manuscript. Since you already included it, you might as well add the additional change of status of your manuscript.
At bare minimum, it shows in a more tangible manner that you are working on a project and your relative place in that project. Given the high impact of the particular journal, that increases your credibility... Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Sure.... just keep in mind that if you interview, some of the judgement on your application would be tied up to the outcome/luck of this manuscript. Since you already included it, you might as well add the additional change of status of your manuscript.
At bare minimum, it shows in a more tangible manner that you are working on a project and your relative place in that project. Given the high impact of the particular journal, that increases your credibility... Good luck!
What about just listing the papers as "in preparation, to be submitted to x journal"? Also, does already having a first author pub give you more credibility when you say you will be an author on some pub?

Last edited: