Coursework & Fieldwork Making a C

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilbunnies

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
First semester in my OT program is ending and I will end up with a C in clinical gross anatomy. I messed up the first exam and almost made it to a B, but fell 2% short by the end. I am set to make As in all my other courses, but unfortunately, this means I will be placed on academic probation. Due to the requirements of my program, I am in danger of being dismissed if I make anymore low grades, and I know next semester is really supposed to be challenging. I was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience or had classmates that went through the same and still ended up being successful. My confidence is a little shot...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
First semester in my OT program is ending and I will end up with a C in clinical gross anatomy. I messed up the first exam and almost made it to a B, but fell 2% short by the end. I am set to make As in all my other courses, but unfortunately, this means I will be placed on academic probation. Due to the requirements of my program, I am in danger of being dismissed if I make anymore low grades, and I know next semester is really supposed to be challenging. I was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience or had classmates that went through the same and still ended up being successful. My confidence is a little shot...

What program are you with? Funny, my program has the same rule. But I know of someone the year ahead of me that made a "C" in a course and he seems to be doing just fine a year later. At the end of the day, you have to maintain a 3.0 in my program, so that may be what's saving people at my school.

What program are you with? Funny, my program has the same rule.

All graduate programs have these rules, as they should; and not just all OT programs, but other disciplines as well (I have another Masters degree, in an arts/humanities subject, and the rules were the same). The assumption, when attending graduate school, is that you are there because you are interested in pursuing a specialized set of skills, which means you have the intellect and work ethic to succeed, a certain standard of work is expected.

Members don't see this ad :)
All graduate programs have these rules, as they should; and not just all OT programs, but other disciplines as well (I have another Masters degree, in an arts/humanities subject, and the rules were the same). The assumption, when attending graduate school, is that you are there because you are interested in pursuing a specialized set of skills, which means you have the intellect and work ethic to succeed, a certain standard of work is expected.
Yes, you are correct. I realize this, I just had a rough go of it on the first exam and it was difficult to come back from due to being graded on limited material. I understand the expectation and that is why I am so disappointed in myself. But I will press on and do better next semester, I have to.

Last edited:
What program are you with? Funny, my program has the same rule. But I know of someone the year ahead of me that made a "C" in a course and he seems to be doing just fine a year later. At the end of the day, you have to maintain a 3.0 in my program, so that may be what's saving people at my school.
I do not wish to say. All programs have requirements similar to these, some are more strict than others. We have an additional requirement of only being allowed a certain number of hours of Cs, so that’s what I mean. I’m glad you have a classmate who is making it. I will not let this happen again to the best of my ability and it’s comforting to know others have done it.

Last edited: