Future Magical Election Day COVID Vaccine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vngannxx

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I work in a pharmacy and setup customers for flu shots. I get a lot of questions regarding a vaccine for COVID 19. Now I’m aware that most customers don’t work in healthcare or have a science background. As some who works in the healthcare field, I can say that vaccine research is a long, arduous process that can take years/decades to develop and distribute.

Talk of some COVID vaccine by Election Day that is safe and widely available is unprecedented by usual vaccine development standards. We don’t even have a vaccine for HIV or Malaria, and the flu vaccine is an annual ordeal.

It is highly likely that there will be a need for more research on a COVID Vaccine Post Election Day. The president is putting false hope on some magical vaccine to get him re-elected president. People will believe everything he says and vote for him that he will deliver an unprecedented vaccine.

Here is the issue, though- If the president can convince voters to vote for him and get re-elected, he is entitled to say anything he wants regarding vaccines post-election. He has said in the past that vaccines cause autism, and he is frequently in conflict with science. I don’t think he will be motivated to continue vaccine research post-election because he wants to focus on border walls, military spending, and his pre COVID “Make American Great Again” agenda. He is probably going to go crazy on “Herd Immunity” as being superior to vaccines post-election. If he against masks now, he will be against vaccines post-election. Once re-elected, he can say anything/reverse course, and there is nothing we can do about it post-election.

Members don't see this ad.

Trumps gets the hoax virus !! :)
Maybe now some in his cult will start to abandon him, realising what a liar he is

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You really thinks his supporters don't know he is a liar!

Maybe someone in their family suffered or died based on his "advice" & now that they (maybe) have seen the light, they will revolt.
That DOES require a level of thinking though that one would be hard-pressed to find in his supporters.

There are so many logical flaws in this post.

The statement "We don’t even have a vaccine for HIV or Malaria, and the flu vaccine is an annual ordeal." makes me question if you have actually put much, DEEP thought into this... or if maybe this is fueled on political bias. Based on the post, I will lean towards the side of a political bias fueled post. Understanding that literally EVERY single pathogen will vary in complexity in regards to vaccine production. Another SIMPLE yet key aspect to vaccine research: MONEY. Please name another vaccine produced (EVER) that had this amount of attention from the national government (and the world for that matter).

A great article was released by NPR yesterday which I recommend you read NIH Director 'Guardedly Optimistic' About COVID-19 Vaccine Approval By End Of 2020

Closing, has the president made many ridiculous remarks/claims surrounding COVID? YES, however, I will trust the public health experts (i.e. Dr. Fauci) and not let any political bias fuel my opinion/conspiracies.

Reactions: 1 user