Lymphapress causing toe ulcer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Creflo

time to eat
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was seeing a patient who had been prescribed a lympha press (or lymphopress?) by his cardiologist for bilateral lower extremity edema. The patient complained that the lymphapress was "killing his knees and feet." He had a 2cm x 2cm x 0.1cm ulcer at the dorsal aspect of one of the lesser toes, and a hemorrhagic bulla on the adjacent lesser toe. The patient claimed that the lymphapress had caused the ulceration. I wrote to d/c the lymphapress until the cardiologist and local manufacturer rep could re-evaluate the device for the patient. Has anyone else seen problems with this device? Does anyone prescribe this device? Apparently it had been effective to reduce edema.

Members don't see this ad.

Have zero experience with this device and have not prescribed it, but if it seems to help with the edema, would you consider treating the ulcer and trying to offload it while still having the pt benefit from the lymphopress? Assuming the toe is just rubbing inside of the device

I was seeing a patient who had been prescribed a lympha press (or lymphopress?) by his cardiologist for bilateral lower extremity edema. The patient complained that the lymphapress was "killing his knees and feet." He had a 2cm x 2cm x 0.1cm ulcer at the dorsal aspect of one of the lesser toes, and a hemorrhagic bulla on the adjacent lesser toe. The patient claimed that the lymphapress had caused the ulceration. I wrote to d/c the lymphapress until the cardiologist and local manufacturer rep could re-evaluate the device for the patient. Has anyone else seen problems with this device? Does anyone prescribe this device? Apparently it had been effective to reduce edema.

I have prescribed Lymphapress for many many patients and have only had positive results. Just as an FYI, there are separate foot pieces that can be ordered. Not sure if your patient was using those or not?

I believe that it was one piece for the thigh, calf, and foot. What's your criteria to prescribe Lymphapress vs manual therapy vs compression stockings?