Los Angeles Metro Area Job Market

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

_windwaker

Reaction score
Anyone know what the job market is like for new grads from out of state? I hear it is super saturated but I’m understanding that is the more popular areas?

Members don't see this ad.

No chance unless you have connections. And even then, it’s still super saturated. Good luck because a fresh new batch of 15,000 grads are about to hit the job market so the next 8 months will be the toughest time to find a job.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know what the job market is like for new grads from out of state? I hear it is super saturated but I’m understanding that is the more popular areas?

I know a lot of classmates from Cali. Tough market. Pretty much impossible.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
A few years back I know some who have resigned to settling down in Central California because they have given up on the hope of ever finding full time employment in Southern California.

I know someone who commutes from OC to San Diego to work once a week per diem at CVS. She works full time in OC in a hospital but needs that extra shift at CVS for the money. Must be miserable to be in that situation.

I know someone who commutes from OC to San Diego to work once a week per diem at CVS. She works full time in OC in a hospital but needs that extra shift at CVS for the money. Must be miserable to be in that situation.

That sounds like a nightmare commute. I honestly wonder how it’s financially feasible considering the commute costs and time sunk.

That sounds like a nightmare commute. I honestly wonder how it’s financially feasible considering the commute costs and time sunk.

The time lost definitely sucks but an 8 hour shift in CA is ~$500+? $350 or so after tax each week? That's like what a tech makes in a week.