LORs from Residents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emarem

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
errr

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have the residents write your letter. Have the highest up in lab sign off on it - I assume its the primary director. This is usually the standard protocol, assuming they're both okay with it, which they should be.
Thanks for the reply! That's seems very reasonable and I suspect they were planning to do it that way already.

Just be sure to fulfill the basic requirements of LOR/LOE, which are intended to be an evaluation of you in an academic setting first before additional letters from PI and surgical residents. Each medical school has specific requirements which typically fall into ONE of the following categories:

A) 2 professors/instructors you have taken science classes with and 1 non-science professors/instructors you have taken a class with.
OR
B) 2 science and 1 non-science faculty
OR
C) Prehealth Committee letter

Below are 2 versions of the same AAMC guidelines to letter writers which I urge all applicants to give to their recommenders/evaluators when you request the letter

Thanks for the reply and the resources. These are additional letters outside of the professor LORs I've received.