LOR without Letterhead

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed123321

Reaction score
I'm reaching out for some advice on a letter of recommendation. One of the doctors I was hoping to request a letter from recently left the clinic where I worked with them (not on good terms)

While they'd be willing to write a strong letter for me, they wouldn't be able to use the clinic's letterhead. I'm wondering if a letter without the letterhead would still hold weight in my application, or if I should look for another recommender.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm reaching out for some advice on a letter of recommendation. One of the doctors I was hoping to request a letter from recently left the clinic where I worked with them (not on good terms)

While they'd be willing to write a strong letter for me, they wouldn't be able to use the clinic's letterhead. I'm wondering if a letter without the letterhead would still hold weight in my application, or if I should look for another recommender.
Anyone can create their own letterhead on their home computer at the top of their recommendation letter.
Their name and title (MD)
Mailing address
Email contact information
Voila, not a problem

Reactions: 2 users