lor question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngnflyy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is probably a really simple question, but here goes. I've begun to ask different people to write lor's for me. I'm planning on using interfolio to send my lor's off to various schools, however I need to know exactly who do my letter writers make the letters out to? Since I'm planning on sending the letters to different schools are they supposed to make a specific letter to each school, and then send it to interfolio?

Members don't see this ad.

Most professors just write a general recommendation, I'm sure if you ask them they will know what to do.

Yep. Your professor basaically writes a general reccommendation about you as a student, and whether they would reccomend for medical school in general. Then you upload this to interfolio, and send it off to all your schools. I think its more uncommon for a LOR writer to write a specific LOR than a general one. Make sure that you hand your LOR writers a short bio about yourself so it can help them write a good one. And truly explain to them how to work the whole mailing in of the LOR to interfolio. If you have all of your LORs in before this semester ends, and your personal statement is finished also before this semester ends, the only thing that could possibly delay you is a lack of money to pay for AMCAS and secondaries.