Other Locum Tenens - Gathering Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stayccoob

Reaction score
I am looking to learn more about what physicians know about locum tenens. Mostly what you are told as a resident/fellow or while in medical school. Is the option to "go locum" presented as a career option?

Members don't see this ad.

I am looking to learn more about what physicians know about locum tenens. Mostly what you are told as a resident/fellow or while in medical school. Is the option to "go locum" presented as a career option?

US MD graduate. I was never formally told anything even in optional conferences I attended about what to do if we don't do residency. That option's probably discussed with people when they make that preference clear to faculty and the faculty advisors not having experience probably given then advice they heard from someone who heard it from someone else that's probably outdated. As a resident, we are not told anything either unless one of our colleagues decides to talk about it.

US MD graduate. I was never formally told anything even in optional conferences I attended about what to do if we don't do residency. That option's probably discussed with people when they make that preference clear to faculty and the faculty advisors not having experience probably given then advice they heard from someone who heard it from someone else that's probably outdated. As a resident, we are not told anything either unless one of our colleagues decides to talk about it.
Thank you! This is helpful. I am trying to learn about ways to get the word out about this option. Now, I am still new to the industry but I've heard that it can be a good option for those provider who are unsure about where they want to live/work and what type of facility they want to work in.

Appreciate the help and insight.