LMU C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone that’s been accepted to LMU could confirm what your deadline is for accepting your seat? LMU says AAVMC deadline decision April 18th but AAVMC site says deadline April 15th. I’m on waitlist and just wondering when may see movement.
They’re a private school so their deadline is diff it’s April 18th

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we think that they even sent out enough acceptance letters to fill the fall class? It sure didn’t seem like it. And last I checked the FB group still only has like 30 members. Don’t mind me, just reading into every little thing driving myself crazy!!

Do we think that they even sent out enough acceptance letters to fill the fall class? It sure didn’t seem like it. And last I checked the FB group still only has like 30 members. Don’t mind me, just reading into every little thing driving myself crazy!!
facebook group has 37 people in it so i’m sure people will hear off the waitlist on friday and so on

It really didn’t seem like it compared to past threads. Kind of interesting in combination with the fact that they set their own deadline for 4/18— like I get that they’re a private school, but so are a decent amount of programs and they all followed the established decision day timeline as far as I know.

I’ll more than likely be accepting a seat at another school so I’ll get off my soapbox, but it just seems like they’d lose out on a ton of people that way as they’ll have already accepted offers from other schools.

Reactions: 1 user
It really didn’t seem like it compared to past threads. Kind of interesting in combination with the fact that they set their own deadline for 4/18— like I get that they’re a private school, but so are a decent amount of programs and they all followed the established decision day timeline as far as I know.

I’ll more than likely be accepting a seat at another school so I’ll get off my soapbox, but it just seems like they’d lose out on a ton of people that way as they’ll have already accepted offers from other schools.
Yeah, I'm more than likely accepting my seat to my in state. I was excited about possibly venturing out. Oh well 😬

it’s at midnight? i don’t know why i was under the impression it was by the end of the day but ill take it
I would think possibly, especially if their deadline is at midnight
I think their deadline is April 18th, not tonight at midnight. I would not expect anything this week honestly. I’m thinking next week but could be hopeful for friday

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted off of the waitlist. Hoping to hear back from ISU before the April 30th deadline to accept.

Reactions: 5 users
Just got an acceptance! it didn’t say anything about the waitlist just acceptance. Have until April 30th to make deposit 🤷🏼‍♀️ maybe they were just holding on offering all of the spots I’m not sure

Just got accepted for fall. I will be giving my seat up though because I am going to RVC. Hopefully someone else hears soon!

So how many ppl in here got an acceptance today? Were you previously waitlisted?

I was previously waitlisted and just received an acceptance! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to those accepted, fingers crossed for us in the next roll out! We got this... there is still hope and time

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats guys! Anyone thinking of accepting their seat?

I got acceptable off the waitlist today as well! I will likely be declining my seat if I get off Mississippi State’s waitlist though!

i was also waitlisted, emailed to give up my position, and then got an acceptance email today ?? lol i will be declining my seat 🫶

after 4 years of applying … i have been accepted!! never ever give up. i was on the waitlist and notified 4/18 at 3:30pm. i’m wishing you all the absolute best of luck. i will most likely be accepting my spot

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Accepted! I will be accepting my seat. Good luck and good vibes to the people on the waitlist, fingers crossed for you!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Heavily considering! Looking to talk to any current students who are willing to answer my weird and quite specific questions haha
I’m currently finishing up my first year at LMU! Happy to answer any questions :)

Hoping to hear more today!! Good luck to everyone and congratulations to those who got accepted!!

• Care
it does look like around this time in 2023 and 2022 there were multiple "waves" of acceptances that went out within a few days or a week. If offered a seat, I will be almost definitely accepting, though I am waiting on one other school, too. I have my fingers crossed that we hear very soon.

There will most likely be other waves of acceptances as other students may originally accept their spot at LMU, but then get off the waitlist for their in-state school a month or two down the line and opt to go there instead.
I have a girl in my class who was offered her spot the week classes started because someone declined their position here last minute. She had to rush to find housing but she made it work and is thriving now!

There will most likely be other waves of acceptances as other students may originally accept their spot at LMU, but then get off the waitlist for their in-state school a month or two down the line and opt to go there instead.
I have a girl in my class who was offered her spot the week classes started because someone declined their position here last minute. She had to rush to find housing but she made it work and is thriving now!
totally, I just worry about the housing situation as we get closer to classes starting- I have a family and pets etc. I appreciate the chance to go to vet school nonetheless. :D

totally, I just worry about the housing situation as we get closer to classes starting- I have a family and pets etc. I appreciate the chance to go to vet school nonetheless. :D
I'd recommend keeping an eye on the facebook groups where housing posts just so you have an idea. That will also help you line up something if you are notified later in the year and need to move quick.

I also know someone who was offered a spot at LMU 2 weeks before class started last year! So don’t lose hope

Yea I absolutely get the concern.
If I may offer a suggestion, if you are offered a spot without ample time to move-
At the end of August/start of September we get a long weekend with Labor Day off. And as our exams are nearly always on Mondays, that makes it a week without exams.
Totally not ideal but if you needed to make more than one trip to move all of your things down, I would keep that weekend in mind. If you have a spouse or another adult moving with you, you could also stagger the move and have them arrive that weekend instead of at the same time as you.
Hopefully it goes smoothly and you do not need to make plans like that, but just thought I would throw that info out there

• Love
I'd recommend keeping an eye on the facebook groups where housing posts just so you have an idea. That will also help you line up something if you are notified later in the year and need to move quick.
can I join them as someone on the waitlist ? I assumed I could not but this is very helpful. my partner is very worried about the housing part (for good reason!).
Yea I absolutely get the concern.
If I may offer a suggestion, if you are offered a spot without ample time to move-
At the end of August/start of September we get a long weekend with Labor Day off. And as our exams are nearly always on Mondays, that makes it a week without exams.
Totally not ideal but if you needed to make more than one trip to move all of your things down, I would keep that weekend in mind. If you have a spouse or another adult moving with you, you could also stagger the move and have them arrive that weekend instead of at the same time as you.
Hopefully it goes smoothly and you do not need to make plans like that, but just thought I would throw that info out there
thats a great idea. I just have to think about getting my kids enrolled in school, too, though I guess that might not have started yet theoretically.

thank you <3

• Care
can I join them as someone on the waitlist ? I assumed I could not but this is very helpful. my partner is very worried about the housing part (for good reason!).

You should be able to join/browse those groups as a guest.

LMU-CVM Housing Facebook Group.
LMU-DCOM Housing Facebook Group.
Ball Realty Rentals

I know their Admissions Coordinator works a lot with incoming students and maybe useful to contact: [email protected] or you could try getting a hold of some other lmu cvm students

• Love
Can someone help me out… I got pulled off the waitlist. I was taking o chem 2 this spring but had withdrawn due to many different circumstances. Would it be possible to take an online class now and have it count? Or do you think I can differ until spring? Any help is much appreciated. I want to be happy and excited but rather am feeling that an opportunity presented itself to me and is going to pass me up. :(

Can someone help me out… I got pulled off the waitlist. I was taking o chem 2 this spring but had withdrawn due to many different circumstances. Would it be possible to take an online class now and have it count? Or do you think I can differ until spring? Any help is much appreciated. I want to be happy and excited but rather am feeling that an opportunity presented itself to me and is going to pass me up. :(

This would be a question for admissions. I would use the contact above to speak with Ciera and ask this question. I hope everything works out!

Do we think they’ll send out more waves of acceptances this week? It feels like all their waves have been so small… at least based off of how many people on this thread reply. I just don’t buy that the class is at capacity yet. Don’t know why their acceptance batches are so small.

Do we think they’ll send out more waves of acceptances this week? It feels like all their waves have been so small… at least based off of how many people on this thread reply. I just don’t buy that the class is at capacity yet. Don’t know why their acceptance batches are so small.
They may send out more after the deadline they've given to recently accepted candidates... so maybe beginning of May? But we will never really know lol the best thing to do is keep ourselves busy, check our emails periodically, and hope for the best :)

LMU's spring deadline is June 30, 2024. There are online programs that let you take accelerated courses so if you can complete it with whatever grade they require and have the transcript in by then, theoretically yes you can.

Got an acceptance today, but will be declining for my in state school!

• Care