MD "LizzyM Score" for Residency Programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSTP18

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anything like a LizzyM score for residencies or is the only real resource for figuring out where you stand advisers at your school and charting outcomes (which really only helps for figuring out where you stand in the specialty overall not how competitive you might be for specific programs within the specialty) ?

Members don't see this ad.

Doesn't exist unless you're going into Orthopedics.

For Ortho, the score is equal to your Step 1 plus your personal best bench press in kg.

Reactions: 20 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anything like a LizzyM score for residencies or is the only real resource for figuring out where you stand advisers at your school and charting outcomes (which really only helps for figuring out where you stand in the specialty overall not how competitive you might be for specific programs within the specialty) ?
IT would be impossible to make a score like that for individual residency programs.
I think what you meant is individual specialties. As in, not a specific program (e.g. "University of X medical center radiology residency program")
In that case, Charting Outcomes is really the best data you can find to shed light on your situation.

Yeah it's: Step 1 score + school name + do I like you.

Reactions: 2 users
IT would be impossible to make a score like that for individual residency programs.
If the data is out there it's not impossible. From the responses I'm getting it sounds like the data isn't out there.

I think what you meant is individual specialties. As in, not a specific program (e.g. "University of X medical center radiology residency program")
In that case, Charting Outcomes is really the best data you can find to shed light on your situation.

...and charting outcomes (which really only helps for figuring out where you stand in the specialty overall not how competitive you might be for specific programs within the specialty) ?