licensure required for NHSC application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iLuvDAT

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The application requires an unrestricted license in any state and a school diploma. I wonder how it is possible for new grads to gather those documents before they close on May 15.

Members don't see this ad.

The application requires an unrestricted license in any state and a school diploma. I wonder how it is possible for new grads to gather those documents before they close on May 15.

You don't need a license for the scholarship, you need it for loan repayment. If you are applying for loan repayment, you should be a job seeker, not a student. If you want the scholarship, you'll need proof of acceptance to dental school to apply, not a license.

You don't need a license for the scholarship, you need it for loan repayment. If you are applying for loan repayment, you should be a job seeker, not a student. If you want the scholarship, you'll need proof of acceptance to dental school to apply, not a license.

Thanks for your input. I am a new grad seeking a job but still in school right now. Are you saying that no new grads can get the loan repayment for the current cycle(12/13/11-5/12/12) because we can't get a license until graduation? We have to wait until next cycle to apply? And thus the service commitment will end later than the job contract? I was hoping that both loan repayment and job contracts start simultaneously. I figure that this isn't fair to new dentists because physicians must do a residency before they can practice and of course they would have a diploma and a license while seeking a job.

Last edited: