License transfer question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peteronfireee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I know this has been answered probably a million times but please answer lol.

So it's looking like I'm gonna have to apply out of state to expand my options... a lot of these places outside my home state won't even look at my resume unless i'm already licensed there...

if I transfer my license, lets say to florida, am I still able to retain my Michigan license???

also, can I transfer my license to multiple states? if not, what is the proper procedure to be licensed in multiple states?

Members don't see this ad.

You retain your original license. However, to do this, you need to have worked as a pharmacist for a certain number of hours. NABP's website will walk you through the process.

Reactions: 1 user
Go to NABP website. That`s the first step for everything and search google for xx state reciprocity pharmacist license.

It`s going to cost you an arm and a leg. Cheaper if you work on multiple licenses. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, so I know this has been answered probably a million times but please answer lol.

So it's looking like I'm gonna have to apply out of state to expand my options... a lot of these places outside my home state won't even look at my resume unless i'm already licensed there...

if I transfer my license, lets say to florida, am I still able to retain my Michigan license???

also, can I transfer my license to multiple states? if not, what is the proper procedure to be licensed in multiple states?

Yes you keep every license as long as you meet the biennial CE requirements and pay the 200 bucks for EVERY state your licensed in. There is a process of reciprocity that ends up costing around 750-->1000$ per state. You should contact the BOP for the state you want to go to. They will have their own "state" application and fees. Also contact NABP as they will have their own application and fees....once the application and fees are paid for both, and you pass your background check (if they have one), You should get Authorization to test for that states MPJE through a Pearson Vue testing center near you. voila! They have a newer digital system now to speed things up as more and more pharms are moving around. Some states require you to provide copies of internship hours and other things (which is ******ed), so i recommend keeping scanned copies of those, and your current driver license,(both sides), and social security card handy. Also if they still do paper applications, head to walgreens or wal mart and get like 10+ PASSPORT size photos made. I had to attach one or two for Colorado. Florida was same deal. I dont recommend Florida at all as it has an extremely high saturation rate. WAY too many schools. I had to leave and come to CO. I was set to take texas MPJE may 7th, after paying like 1000 bucks between state and National applications and background....etc. Then i decided i just want out of pharmacy all together and it would just be another crap store in a BFE area, so whats the point of constantly moving.....but thats just my opinion. I never showed for the test! lol. I dont feel there is a pot of gold out there anywhere these days...it's the same in every state. Some a little worse, but over-all same deal....

Best study materials for Florida are the STRAUSS book and the federal law book by Reiss (last time i checked 9th edition was the latest) (purple)
Good luck man.

Yes you keep every license as long as you meet the biennial CE requirements and pay the 200 bucks for EVERY state your licensed in. There is a process of reciprocity that ends up costing around 750-->1000$ per state. You should contact the BOP for the state you want to go to. They will have their own "state" application and fees. Also contact NABP as they will have their own application and fees....once the application and fees are paid for both, and you pass your background check (if they have one), You should get Authorization to test for that states MPJE through a Pearson Vue testing center near you. voila! They have a newer digital system now to speed things up as more and more pharms are moving around. Some states require you to provide copies of internship hours and other things (which is ******ed), so i recommend keeping scanned copies of those, and your current driver license,(both sides), and social security card handy. Also if they still do paper applications, head to walgreens or wal mart and get like 10+ PASSPORT size photos made. I had to attach one or two for Colorado. Florida was same deal. I dont recommend Florida at all as it has an extremely high saturation rate. WAY too many schools. I had to leave and come to CO. I was set to take texas MPJE may 7th, after paying like 1000 bucks between state and National applications and background....etc. Then i decided i just want out of pharmacy all together and it would just be another crap store in a BFE area, so whats the point of constantly moving.....but thats just my opinion. I never showed for the test! lol. I dont feel there is a pot of gold out there anywhere these days...it's the same in every state. Some a little worse, but over-all same deal....

Best study materials for Florida are the STRAUSS book and the federal law book by Reiss (last time i checked 9th edition was the latest) (purple)
Good luck man.

thanks for taking the time to write that!!! i'm sure it'll help some others battling the saturation...

and yea, i feel you movin around isn't the answer... alternatives need to be considered. and honestly, I chose florida because of the hotties and I hate the snow over here lol

Last edited:
thanks for taking the time to write that!!! i'm sure it'll help some others battling the saturation...

and yea, i feel you movin around isn't the answer... alternatives need to be considered. and honestly, I chose florida because of the hotties and I hate the snow over here lol

If you like latina women in bikini and swimsuits year round......your heading to the right place.....i been through them already though, married now!! lol. im 40 your probably younger if your thinking that way, and you know what ? your right on man.....go tag everything ya can while your young....drink your azz off, under a banyon tree at xmas, go party at club space till 4 pm sunday .....rent a limo out on miami strip here and there picking up girls......youll regret not doing it when your older and married. .. LMAO...it was a blast....but youll need MONEY!!

If you like latina women in bikini and swimsuits year round......your heading to the right place.....i been through them already though, married now!! lol. im 40 your probably younger if your thinking that way, and you know what ? your right on man.....go tag everything ya can while your young....drink your azz off, under a banyon tree at xmas, go party at club space till 4 pm sunday .....rent a limo out on miami strip here and there picking up girls......youll regret not doing it when your older and married. .. LMAO...it was a blast....but youll need MONEY!!

hahaha you know what's up!!!

Check these documents out for a starter- gets you a quick and dirty of state by state licesne transfer requirement.
I do not take responsibility in the accuracy of these documents and may not be up to date.
Check with the state board website for most accurate and up to date information.
Good luck.

Attachments

• Licensure-Transfer-State-Restrictions-December-2018.pdf
    123.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Pharmacist License Transfer.pdf
    356.8 KB · Views: 68