lexapro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sobytalz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone with any experience prescribing/using etc.......?

Members don't see this ad.

yes I am currently using it. It is great and is much more effective for me than prozac and wellbutrin.
I really enjoy it, its very nice.

I switched on it from Celexa and it worked well thus far.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am on 10 mg qd of lexapro. I am thinking of asking my psychiatrist to change it to 20 mg pills. This way, I can save the government some money. The governement is my insurance company through the military health care system.

The pills are 2.00 a pill for the 10 mg. But if I buy the 20mg pills and cut them in half, it will be very much cheaper. I would suggest anyone who is on 10 of lexapro do this to save money. The pills are scored.

The other reason I want the 20 mg is that I am thinking of increasing my dosage to 20mg. I will work with my psychiatrist on this.

I am lucky in the fact that my shrink does psychotherapy. I have been in psychotherapy with the same guy for over a year. I only recently started lexapro because we were hitting a plateau.

cheers.

As a matter of fact there is no difference in clinical trials between 10mg and 20. you can find it in the drug brochoure.
good luck