COMLEX Level II PE - I think I failed it. Did anyone have this experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dee Eaux

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I failed this test and I'm not sure what to do. I just took it 2 days ago and had the following problems:

1. Forgot to copy vitals over on 3 patient notes (figured I would do it last. Couldn't take that long to copy something, right? I ran out of time.)

2. Pretty sure I missed a few differentials e.g. cholecystitis for abdominal pain. I don't think I ever put less than 3, though.

3. Never had enough time to counsel and/or present a plan for more than 20-30 seconds. Most SPs I was still doing the PE when the 2 minute warning went off. I never abruptly left, but my door got knocked on at least 4-5 times as I was trying to close up with the SP (thankfully, never got a warning).

4. Screwed up OMM. I did rib raising for what I later realized was an exhaled dysfunction. I did cervical rotation ME on a patient sitting instead of supine.

Did anyone else have an experience like this? What should I do? I am applying ACGME neurology. Would it be practical to reschedule this test now to ensure I get a spot so that I can graduate? I really need to vent!

Members don't see this ad.