Letters of Rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tont17

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have very strong letters in neuro, medicine, psych and surgery. I plan on using the neuro and medicine, but I am undecided between the psych and surg letters. Anyone know if neuro programs look more favorably at psych vs surgery letters or does it not matter?:confused:

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would get another *strong* neuro if you could. most people (at least among the trail that i went on last year) seemed to have 2 neuro and one med. but whatever... i used three neuro and matched.

between psych and surg, i would use psych as it's closer to neuro. although it may not happen at all, it is more likely that an interviewer may know a psychiatrist or that psych dept vs. a surgeon or that surg dept (as long as we're not talking neurosurg).

good luck on the match, and send your damn app in early and to lots of programs [it's always better to have too many calls for interviews than too few, you can always whittle them down]

panch
-suffering thru his prelim medicine/killing time til he gets to neurology