Letters of Rec for Career Changers @ Post-Baccs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ericles

Medical Assistant; 1st-time Med School Applicant
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

From what I understand, the application for Med school is centralized. You gather a few great LORs, and they're submitted to all the schools you apply to.

If I'm applying to a Post-Bacc with the intent of applying to Med School not long after, how does one manage these letters of Rec? I'll be asking a favorite professor to write one and she'll say yes, but if schools A, B, & C all have different reqs for these letters and I'm not supposed to see the letter, how can I apply to 5 or 6 post-bacc programs without a centralized application process without burdening these letter writers?

Sure, I can ask them to keep the letter on file, and then ask them to submit the letter 5-10 times, but isn't there a better way?

If this is a repeat, I apologize in advance. I could't find what I'm looking for in the other threads.

Members don't see this ad.

There's no better way that I know of.

A lot of postbac programs don't require letters of req for just this reason. "Say I know you don't know me but in 1996 I took an online class with you would you write me a letter" isn't terribly persuasive.

Interfolio is your answer. You can list the people who are writing your letters. It sends them an email with instructions on how to upload it to their server (you don't get to see the contents, just that Interfolio has received it), and then you can send it to the schools as many times as you want (I think it's $6.00 each time). It's not free, but it's pretty cheap and solves your problem.

Reactions: 1 user
Interfolio is your answer. You can list the people who are writing your letters. It sends them an email with instructions on how to upload it to their server (you don't get to see the contents, just that Interfolio has received it), and then you can send it to the schools as many times as you want (I think it's $6.00 each time). It's not free, but it's pretty cheap and solves your problem.

That's fantastic. Thanks!