Letter of Recommendation (from CC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

holycow86

Reaction score
Applying to optometry school!

I went to a community college for 2 years where I did most of my prerequisites and transferred to a university (just finished my first year at university, going into my senior year). I haven’t be able to connect with my science professors at my university, so I wanted to get some opinions/thoughts/experiences on getting a LOR from a community college professor?

The professor I have in mind has a PhD, would that be equal to a university professor?

Members don't see this ad.

Wait that matters? I took physics (1 and 2) at a cc and my professor submitted the LOR within a day of me sending the link... meanwhile my university prof hasn't replied to my email for a month lol

I don't think it matters... it's a prof that knows you well in the science field then why not

Wait that matters? I took physics (1 and 2) at a cc and my professor submitted the LOR within a day of me sending the link... meanwhile my university prof hasn't replied to my email for a month lol

I don't think it matters... it's a prof that knows you well in the science field then why not

Yeah I don’t think it should matter! It should just come down to a science professor that can speak well on your behalf. But I just saw other posts talking about LORs from university professors and that got me worried lol

I used a LOR from a CC course. Wasn't mentioned as an issue at any of my interviews. Don't worry about it.