This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lastairbender

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So Temple University is my #1 choice. I am OOS. I recently got into NYU Dental (also OOS). I was thinking about sending a letter of intent to Temple - after my Fall semester grades are posted for the AADSAS academic update (will be all A's hopefully - maybe one B+). I really like NYU, but Temple would be super ideal and awesome. I have not heard back about an interview yet from them, and I really want to send them a letter stating how I would immediately go to the school the next day if they gave me the chance lol. I am not sure if they are receptive to letters of intent though. Can anyone let me know if they welcome them or look down upon them or are neutral?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't see why letter of intent would hurt you as long you professionally state in the e-mail why you are strongly interested in their program and why you would be a good fit for their class. Just don't beg for an interview

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! Sorry about the extremely late reply...finals season. Do you also recommend mailing in the letter by physical-mail versus e-mail? LOL I really want to go there...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Sorry about the extremely late reply...finals season. Do you also recommend mailing in the letter by physical-mail versus e-mail? LOL I really want to go there...
I would say e-mail. It's easier for them to go back and see it. Plus, that's what they use to communicate with you.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you all for the help! Congratulations on your acceptance/enrollment in UMKC!

I don't see why letter of intent would hurt you as long you professionally state in the e-mail why you are strongly interested in their program and why you would be a good fit for their class. Just don't beg for an interview
Hey! I had a few questions about the Navy HPSP - some general and some regarding my personal situation - but SDN is telling me I can't send you a private message. Is there any way I can contact you about my questions? Thank you and congratulations on your acceptance to UDM as well!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I had a few questions about the Navy HPSP - some general and some regarding my personal situation - but SDN is telling me I can't send you a private message. Is there any way I can contact you about my questions? Thank you and congratulations on your acceptance to UDM as well!
Thanks! I'll PM you.

So Temple University is my #1 choice. I am OOS. I recently got into NYU Dental (also OOS). I was thinking about sending a letter of intent to Temple - after my Fall semester grades are posted for the AADSAS academic update (will be all A's hopefully - maybe one B+). I really like NYU, but Temple would be super ideal and awesome. I have not heard back about an interview yet from them, and I really want to send them a letter stating how I would immediately go to the school the next day if they gave me the chance lol. I am not sure if they are receptive to letters of intent though. Can anyone let me know if they welcome them or look down upon them or are neutral?

I sent a letter of interest to UTSD after getting into several out of state schools stating that I was still heavily interested in their program but have yet to recieve an opportunity to interview at their school. Just make sure to sound humble that you got into NYU and don't send anything along the lines of the bolded sentence above lol. Make sure to list valid reasons as to why Temple is your top choice.... don't mention cost of attendance.

Reactions: 1 users