Leftover crumbs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

droperidol4ever

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Other than the FREIDA list (which lists none), knowing people at programs with vacancies, and cold-calling every program, are there are any other listings to find out about leftover Sleep spots? I know it is long after the Match and SOAP, but a recent life change means that I would be able to start July 2018, if the chance arises, instead of waiting for a July 2019 start, like I was planning. Otherwise, I will just cold-call every program to see if they have any drop outs or vacancies.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi the chance of finding an empty slot is very high, the future fellow can bail out for any reason. Sleep medicine is not that competitive anyway.

For your reference, I am an IMG trained in IM and started to look for my sleep medicine job around this time last year, since I was just applying sleep medicine for fun and it doesn't really matter if I have the job or not. I simply email all the program to see if they have any empty spots, it's better than cold calling since program coordinator would have the email as a backup, and once anyone bails out you will be the first to contact. I got 4+ job opportunity and 2 job offers ( All out of Match), some of the jobs appears a bit later than April so I have to give them up. Now I am a sleep medicine fellow in a good university hospital.

Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users