Latest can take MCAT to apply to T10-20s without repercussions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The SC has also stated that URM applicants can discuss their status in essays.
Correct, but you can't use a quick & dirty electronic screening tool to see into the essays. Simpler to ask computer to spit out zip, rural or urban designation, colleges attended, etc and sort on permitted variables to identify applicants who are likely to have the prioritized characteristics.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Correct, but you can't use a quick & dirty electronic screening tool to see into the essays. Simpler to ask computer to spit out zip, rural or urban designation, colleges attended, etc and sort on permitted variables to identify applicants who are likely to have the prioritized characteristics.
Of course, AI widgets ... but we have to get over legal to demonstrate we aren't using race/ethnicity to make admissions decisions.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, does it vary by school what criteria are used to determine priority of review? Is it commonly based on applicant's statistical strength, or ?
It's all about fit to mission. Stats may be screened, and it's common that even below minimum apps will be looked at for diamonds in the rough.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
so you use legal to loophole. i gotcha
Choosing applicants to prioritize for review and is not the same as an admission decision. Some schools will do this to get the top candidates in the door (or on Zoom) before those applicants get an offer in mid-October and start getting picky about which interview invitations they'll entertain. In fact, some schools hold all offers until February but will start by interviewing the candidates they consider the hottest prospects. How one defines "hot" will vary by school. How would you do it?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Choosing applicants to prioritize for review and is not the same as an admission decision. Some schools will do this to get the top candidates in the door (or on Zoom) before those applicants get an offer in mid-October and start getting picky about which interview invitations they'll entertain. In fact, some schools hold all offers until February but will start by interviewing the candidates they consider the hottest prospects. How one defines "hot" will vary by school. How would you do it?

exactly like that. I ain't saying the pipeline/method/implementation is wrong. just the existence of it. that's a whole other debate that gets 300+ comments here though and have been had for like a bagillion years.

the lisan al gaib, father of pre-med, final boss clarence will finish the job. if not trump will. (not that I support either of the two. i couldn't give less of a ****)

• Okay...
Reactions: 2 users