Las Vegas Job Market vs Texas 2022.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedSnow

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi docs,
I’m done with my D3 and wish to practice in Vegas as a GP after graduation. If anyone has worked there can you give your opinions on the current job market (and what do you like/don’t like about working as a dentist in the city?)
Other than that if anyone works in Houston/Austin/Dallas area please also chime in. Texas is my second choice on the list.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you'll be ok either way. Cost of living is much less than other parts of the country. The closer your are to the city it will be saturated in both areas. My recommendation is to go where you really see yourself planting roots and eventually partnering or buying a practice. The reason is that it's a lot easier to know the market and find good opportunities when you are in that location. Also keep in mind intangibles like proximity to friends and family, activities you like, etc. X Dollars often doesn't make up for not having these.

Reactions: 2 users
I think you'll be ok either way. Cost of living is much less than other parts of the country. The closer your are to the city it will be saturated in both areas. My recommendation is to go where you really see yourself planting roots and eventually partnering or buying a practice. The reason is that it's a lot easier to know the market and find good opportunities when you are in that location. Also keep in mind intangibles like proximity to friends and family, activities you like, etc. X Dollars often doesn't make up for not having these.
I agree, that’s why i’m planning now. Just realized dentistry doesn’t have a lot of freedom as we need time to build relationship with patients and community; can’t just jump here and there especially I’m aiming to own a private practice later.