Laryngologists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

THE armada

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any fellowship trained laryngologists browse this board? I'm a third year that has decided on ENT. I'm beginning to think about residencies and trying to come up with a general idea of what type of ENT I'd like to practice. I grew up singing and have always had this idea that it'd be awesome to work with musicians but I'm also considering just a general private practice. No real specific questions at this point, I'm just curious about people's impression of laryngology. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm most likely gonna do laryngology. Our laryngologist here is pretty well known. Just remember if you want to do professional voice, you are not going to operate that much. It is also quite challenging to set up a professional voice practice. Overall speaking, you need to be in a city of > 1million population to practice laryngology. Also laryngology is going more and more toward office based procedures such as botox for SD, KTP laser for RRP, etc. I personally love laryngoplasties but I realize that it's probably not realistic to do more than one of those every 1-2 weeks if that. Great field though. I think you can consider 50% general ENT and 50% larygnology if you still want to be in the OR a lot. That's what I plan on doing.