Labor shortage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iamnew2

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the labor shortage is affecting census. Lack of nursing staff is preventing more patients being admitted. Hard to recruit nursing staff. Are other practices/hospitals/groups having the same issues?

Seems no one wants to work anymore. Crazy to think that a year ago tons of people were getting laid off and desperate for work, now everyone it seems is hiring (I see hiring signs just about everywhere I go) but no one wants to work.

Members don't see this ad.

Same issue here. I’m on the West coast so that might have something to do with it. We have had to delay admissions occasionally due to a lack of nurses. Wonder if other parts of the country are experiencing the same?

Same issue here. I’m on the West coast so that might have something to do with it. We have had to delay admissions occasionally due to a lack of nurses. Wonder if other parts of the country are experiencing the same?

I'm in the Midwest. It's a true bummer. Even locally we have Domino's and even places looking for cooks offering $3,000 sign on bonuses! Our hospital is offering bonuses and still can't get nursing staff. It's shocking.

Members don't see this ad :)
Happening here in our system on the east coast as well. Is this specific to rehab/IPR only or nursing across the board?

Huge medical assistant shortage. Why work as an MA with the stress and ability to bring COVID home to your family when you can work at Chick-fil-A for almost the same money?

Reactions: 1 users
Happening here in our system on the east coast as well. Is this specific to rehab/IPR only or nursing across the board?

Here in the Midwest, it's a great time to get a job in healthcare- just about every hospital system of every kind is hiring, and just about every place everywhere is hiring for something. I am not sure if it's an across healthcare thing, but definitely seems to be happening in IPR.

Huge medical assistant shortage. Why work as an MA with the stress and ability to bring COVID home to your family when you can work at Chick-fil-A for almost the same money?

I'd work at Chick oil-A for the free food! :D Although my pay would probably take a massive hit. :) But those chicken sandwiches! So delicious.

Reactions: 1 users