*Knuckles Crack* DO Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockydog1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished up my Master's and graduated with a 4.00, as well as a published thesis.

Currently working in BioTech during my gap year and have 10,000+ hours in clinical care with an undergrad GPA of 3.82 at UC San Diego.

Throughout college, I worked/experienced the opportunity as a:

* Radiology Assistant at Moores Cancer Center
* Dermatology Student Medical Assistant
* Fellowship in Eastern Europe for Orthopedic Surgery
* Scripps Health Diabetes Clinical Trials Assistant
* Physical Therapy Assistant at UCSD Health
* Anesthesiology Shadow Program at UCSD Health
* Teaching Assistant for Biological Sciences at UCSD

After graduating, I went into Ophthalmology in the BioTech industry and currently work as a Project Manager. While I am grateful for these opportunities, my next endeavor is the MCAT. I see myself applying within the next year for only DO Schools, as I am interested in OMT through my clinical experiences, and the major I declared during undergrad resonated with the values aligned with DO Programs (as well as my Master's). [Note I have always wanted to only go DO]

What do you all recommend for shaking those MCAT nerves and the eligibility of being accepted? I have several DO Schools in mind that I would love to attend (let me explore out of California) and any insight you have would be greatly valued!

Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

Just finished up my Master's and graduated with a 4.00, as well as a published thesis.

Currently working in BioTech during my gap year and have 10,000+ hours in clinical care with an undergrad GPA of 3.82 at UC San Diego.

Throughout college, I worked/experienced the opportunity as a:

* Radiology Assistant at Moores Cancer Center
* Dermatology Student Medical Assistant
* Fellowship in Eastern Europe for Orthopedic Surgery
* Scripps Health Diabetes Clinical Trials Assistant
* Physical Therapy Assistant at UCSD Health
* Anesthesiology Shadow Program at UCSD Health
* Teaching Assistant for Biological Sciences at UCSD

After graduating, I went into Ophthalmology in the BioTech industry and currently work as a Project Manager. While I am grateful for these opportunities, my next endeavor is the MCAT. I see myself applying within the next year for only DO Schools, as I am interested in OMT through my clinical experiences, and the major I declared during undergrad resonated with the values aligned with DO Programs (as well as my Master's). [Note I have always wanted to only go DO]

What do you all recommend for shaking those MCAT nerves and the eligibility of being accepted? I have several DO Schools in mind that I would love to attend (let me explore out of California) and any insight you have would be greatly valued!

Thank You!
I’m terms of shaking MCAT nerves, take some comfort in knowing your other stats are great, and I’d bet getting into DO school is just about passing the screening. Try to enjoy the process. It’s not a pass or fail test.

Status
Not open for further replies.