KCUMB Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else interviewing for an ambassador position. This is one of the few things I reeeeeaaaalllllyy want to do, but the number of spaces vs. interviewees seems pretty intimidating...

Good on you for wanting to take that position. One of the biggest reasons I chose KCUMB was because of the ambassadors. They were extremely nice and welcoming.

When I went back for acceptance day a few of them actually remembered my name and where I was from (4-5 months later).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Why do want to be an ambassador? I have noticed there are a ton of interviewees so good luck? !

There's a lot of reasons, but mostly I just like helping incoming people figure out what the school is all about and helping them answer the questions they need to make the right decision. I was previously an ambassador and it was one of the things I enjoyed most about my undergrad school. It was always cool when people I gave tours would come to the school and tell me they remembered the tour I gave and that it was part of why they went there. Idk, I just like helping people however I can, haha.

Reactions: 1 user
There's a lot of reasons, but mostly I just like helping incoming people figure out what the school is all about and helping them answer the questions they need to make the right decision. I was previously an ambassador and it was one of the things I enjoyed most about my undergrad school. It was always cool when people I gave tours would come to the school and tell me they remembered the tour I gave and that it was part of why they went there. Idk, I just like helping people however I can, haha.

Well you're making me feel like a douche bag for thinking people had more selfish reasons. Hah. I hope you get it. When do they let you know?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well you're making me feel like a douche bag for thinking people had more selfish reasons. Hah. I hope you get it. When do they let you know?

I'm sure plenty of people do. From what I've heard there are definitely advantages to being an ambassador, but those are all just secondary to me. I really do love KCUMB, and I like sharing my experiences with others, so seems like hopefully the right position for me! They said we should know before the break, hopefully next week. And thank you! I hope I get it too, haha.

Can we just say GI is a bunch of tubes that do stuff to food and call it good?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else put back by baby b Wright in anatomy today?

Anyone else put back by baby b Wright in anatomy today?

Ha! Didn't even notice.... But I am in the back and don't leave my station generally.

I did a bad double take.

giphy.gif

I didn't recognize him at first. He looked like a student. hah

First thing I thought was 'holy crap, what happened??' Then I realized he just shaved. Seriously though, I was legitimately concerned at first...

First thing I thought was 'holy crap, what happened??' Then I realized he just shaved. Seriously though, I was legitimately concerned at first...
I thought he lost a bet... Ha

Members don't see this ad :)
So that bioethics exam....hahahaha. Glad I re-read the review questions as my studying. Good times.

So that bioethics exam....hahahaha. Glad I re-read the review questions as my studying. Good times.
I feel like I dodged a bullet. I did not study much for that one

I feel like I dodged a bullet. I did not study much for that one

No kidding. I truly just read the review questions and went to bed. lol. Being sick is so awesome during finals.....

I am so medicated right now I don't know if I can tell the difference between a nerve and artery. Tomorrow is going to be so much fun.....thank god the written isn't until Tuesday.......

$*~%^ that practical. The tagging was absolutely terrible. Sometimes I didn't know if I was in the scrotum or abdomen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$*~%^ that practical. The tagging was absolutely terrible. Sometimes I didn't know if I was in the scrotum or abdomen.

There was a lot of "huh? What IS THAT?" ****ty tagging....just ****ty.

Yikes. That's barely any time!

Some you need like 10 seconds and yes, others you do need the whole minute. It doesn't seem like a lot of time but it ends up generally being ok most of the time. :)

Some you need like 10 seconds and yes, others you do need the whole minute. It doesn't seem like a lot of time but it ends up generally being ok most of the time. :)

Haha okay. Thank you! Now that I finished finals and am stuck in this "intense" west coast storm I'm left lurking SDN.

Is you class going to partake in this whole "track" thing where if you are interested in a specific specialty then your clerkships will be augmented towards them?

It's a good thing Anterior Superior Pancreaticoduodenal artery wasn't on there or no one would have had time to type it. Unless it was on there and I just missed it, which wouldn't surprise me.

It's a good thing Anterior Superior Pancreaticoduodenal artery wasn't on there or no one would have had time to type it. Unless it was on there and I just missed it, which wouldn't surprise me.
It probably would have been more recognizable that a lot of those tags

Haha okay. Thank you! Now that I finished finals and am stuck in this "intense" west coast storm I'm left lurking SDN.

Is you class going to partake in this whole "track" thing where if you are interested in a specific specialty then your clerkships will be augmented towards them?

We haven't gotten a lot of information about the tracks yet. I was just on the website and noticed there is now going to be a rural track for 3.5 years but you need to be selected for it and it's competitive.

Selective and competitive. The brightest minds aren't usually the ones working in Bum****, MO.

We haven't gotten a lot of information about the tracks yet. I was just on the website and noticed there is now going to be a rural track for 3.5 years but you need to be selected for it and it's competitive.

Selective and competitive. The brightest minds aren't usually the ones working in *******, MO.

Wow accelerated rural track eh? Well I'm glad they aren't just spitting out false information. It seems like they only you tell you when it's set in stone.

You KCUMB will ever consider opening a teaching hospital if it receives the money?

Those tags were horrible, I was starting to wonder if the fumes were getting to me on some of them. Plus it would have been nice to not put two deep tags right next to each other. I almost head-butted the person across from me twice.

I don't think the clerkships are augmented for the tracks. From what second years have said, the admins just try to make sure that if you're in a track (for example, surgery) that you get placed into a hospital that is good for that rotation and ones related to it. Idk how they do it, but I don't think the actual rotations are any different than normal.

I don't think the clerkships are augmented for the tracks. From what second years have said, the admins just try to make sure that if you're in a track (for example, surgery) that you get placed into a hospital that is good for that rotation and ones related to it. Idk how they do it, but I don't think the actual rotations are any different than normal.

Oh that's pretty cool! I still like the idea, it shows the admin really care about all the students. I'm still waiting for someone to come on SDN and rip KCUMB a new one but it hasn't happened!

Those tags were horrible, I was starting to wonder if the fumes were getting to me on some of them. Plus it would have been nice to not put two deep tags right next to each other. I almost head-butted the person across from me twice.

Could be different.

The new rural track is going to be introduced for the c/o 2019.

Those tags were horrible, I was starting to wonder if the fumes were getting to me on some of them. Plus it would have been nice to not put two deep tags right next to each other. I almost head-butted the person across from me.

I did hit heads with someone. And then i Almost ran out of time on another waiting for the guy to move so I could see mine.
Such a freaking annoying, crappy practical.

I did hit heads with someone. And then i Almost ran out of time on another waiting for the guy to move so I could see mine.
Such a freaking annoying, crappy practical.

+1 exactly! The tags were so close sometimes.

When someone would reach over I'd look away so it didn't look like we were cheating or anything. By the time the person across from me was done I had like 5-10 seconds to identify.

I really think the average for this will be below 80%.

+1 exactly! The tags were so close sometimes.

When someone would reach over I'd look away so it didn't look like we were cheating or anything. By the time the person across from me was done I had like 5-10 seconds to identify.

I really think the average for this will be below 80%.

Really? I mean, I haven't talked to anyone yet who felt good about that practical, so it has the potential to be lower....but I don't know if it'll be below 80%..I was thinking right at 80%.

Really? I mean, I haven't talked to anyone yet who felt good about that practical, so it has the potential to be lower....but I don't know if it'll be below 80%..I was thinking right at 80%.

Yeah, you're right. 80% might be a bit of a stretch. I'm calling 85% +/- 2

80% would be sweet. Slight curve.

The msk practical average was around an 86, and this was wayyyy harder I thought. I am hoping for below 80!

That was tougher for me and others I've talked to than the MSK one. I'm thinking 80-82% lower the better :) ha

Do any of you guys want my gi anki deck?