KCU-Joplin Dental School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted, but I didn't expect an acceptance since I am technically missing the microbio lab requirement. I've been accepted at my top two schools, so good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have we received more information on roughly how much tuition will be?
In an email, it said if they opened last year it would’ve been around $93,000 a year. So I would expect it to go up.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
In an email, it said if they opened last year it would’ve been around $93,000 a year. So I would expect it to go up.
Just for tuition?! Or is that including estimated cost of living?

93k a year sounds about right for tuition alone. I’d anticipate COA to be around 120-130k a year for a new school. Hopefully this isn’t the case and it’s just COA total of 93k!
True! I’m dumb and keep forgetting that it’s not a state school, so the number was a bit shocking. Thankfully, Joplin is a pretty cheap place to live, and I would be surprised if a student couldn’t make it on $25k a year there so that should help offset some costs when compared to some other private schools I suppose.

Reactions: 1 user
When will the second batch of acceptance release?

93k a year sounds about right for tuition alone. I’d anticipate COA to be around 120-130k a year for a new school. Hopefully this isn’t the case and it’s just COA total of 93k!
Just doing their part to add to the growing number of new grads staring down $600,000+ in student loans...

Big Hoss

Reactions: 6 users
Did anyone from the waitlist hear back yet? I wonder how many spots were filled.

Has anyone gotten accepted off of the waitlist? It seems to be very quiet

Has anyone gotten accepted off of the waitlist? It seems to be very quiet
I called and they said they had an overwhelming amount of acceptances so there isn't much movement on the waitlist. If there will be any movement it will be in spring :(

I called and they said they had an overwhelming amount of acceptances so there isn't much movement on the waitlist. If there will be any movement it will be in spring :(

Thank you for the info! That means a lot of the spots are filled?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you elaborate on that? How is no news is good news when it comes to expensive schools?
He’s saying it’s good news because you may hear back from a cheaper school and commit there before you hear back from an expensive school and enroll there instead. He’s trying to save you money.

Reactions: 2 users
Can you elaborate on that? How is no news is good news when it comes to expensive schools?
Getting rejected from dental school may be better than getting destroyed by 600 grand in the hole. I wish this wasn’t happening to dentistry, but it’s just becoming too expensive. Now, if more schools were like Roseman and UoP and were 3 years, that would be huge. Saving the tuition and living expensive would be amazing.

Getting rejected from dental school may be better than getting destroyed by 600 grand in the hole. I wish this wasn’t happening to dentistry, but it’s just becoming too expensive. Now, if more schools were like Roseman and UoP and were 3 years, that would be huge. Saving the tuition and living expensive would be amazing.
UoP even at 3 years is still $500,000+, and Roseman will likely be the same.

Big Hoss

UoP even at 3 years is still $500,000+, and Roseman will likely be the same.

Big Hoss
UoP yeah, still absurd. Roseman im
Worried will hook you in with the lower tuition and then for years 2-3 will jack up the cost since you can’t do anything once you’re a year in. But so far Roseman seems like will be far cheaper than UoP even at 3 years (until we received the updated tuition values for next year)

The admissions said they would return to the waitlist later in March. Any other update you guys know?

UoP yeah, still absurd. Roseman im
Worried will hook you in with the lower tuition and then for years 2-3 will jack up the cost since you can’t do anything once you’re a year in. But so far Roseman seems like will be far cheaper than UoP even at 3 years (until we received the updated tuition values for next year)
From what admissions and faculty members have said, they don't want to increase tuition. Instead, to compensate for the lost tuition, they will eventually increase the class size to 136 people. This upcoming class will be 100, then the next year also 100, 2 years from now 120, and then in 3 years, it'll be 136 (slow transition).

One of the main reasons why they switched to a 3-year program is to decrease tuition costs for students (at least that's what they've all said). So I doubt that the tuition is going to change that much over the next couple of years at least. We will all find out in a couple of years what ends up happening haha

From what admissions and faculty members have said, they don't want to increase tuition. Instead, to compensate for the lost tuition, they will eventually increase the class size to 136 people. This upcoming class will be 100, then the next year also 100, 2 years from now 120, and then in 3 years, it'll be 136 (slow transition).

One of the main reasons why they switched to a 3-year program is to decrease tuition costs for students (at least that's what they've all said). So I doubt that the tuition is going to change that much over the next couple of years at least. We will all find out in a couple of years what ends up happening haha
Another 3 year program. That’s interesting. I several will follow suit to attract applicants and stand out.

True! But I’m skeptical and have gotten screwed from people saying one thing and doing another. Unless it’s written down and signed and they have a plan laid out that students, predents, and public have access to I would just take it with a grain of salt! But glad they’re at least trying to reduce the burden of debt

The admissions said they would return to the waitlist later in March. Any other update you guys know?
I had my interview on Feb 15, which was the last batch of interviews for the upcoming year. They said they are letting everyone know their decision second week of March. So I'm assuming you may hear back regarding the waitlist after that. They're giving students I think a week or so to pay their acceptance and matriculation deposits ($1k each). Then, whoever doesn't pay that by a certain date, they will look into the waitlist.

Hope this helps!

Did they also post this in your workday account? I've literally been checking my email every 15-20 min everyday since that interview, along with my Workday account.

I just want to know exactly where to look to find their decision 😭. This anxiety is crippling to say the least...

I had my interview on Feb 15, which was the last batch of interviews for the upcoming year. They said they are letting everyone know their decision second week of March. So I'm assuming you may hear back regarding the waitlist after that. They're giving students I think a week or so to pay their acceptance and matriculation deposits ($1k each). Then, whoever doesn't pay that by a certain date, they will look into the waitlist.

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much for the update! It makes sense now why the school has been quiet :)

Did they also post this in your workday account? I've literally been checking my email every 15-20 min everyday since that interview, along with my Workday account.

I just want to know exactly where to look to find their decision 😭. This anxiety is crippling to say the least...
You'll most likely receive an email of an acceptance. That's what they did with us. Just to keep you updated, today was the deadline to pay the matriculation deposit so they will be looking into the waitlist soon. I know that a couple of people declined their offer recently.

You'll most likely receive an email of an acceptance. That's what they did with us. Just to keep you updated, today was the deadline to pay the matriculation deposit so they will be looking into the waitlist soon. I know that a couple of people declined their offer recently.
Matriculation and acceptance or just matriculation?

Does anyone know how many spots are left? The facebook group only has 31 people so that is probably inaccurate. I believe they're taking in 80 students?

Since it's already May is there any hope for the waitlisted applicant?

Since it's already May is there any hope for the waitlisted applicant?
people get accepted during orientation at some schools when students don't show up for some reason
i wouldn't make that my only strategy though...

Does anyone know if anyone has dropped recently? I know they sent an email out to the waitlist approx. a month ago but wondering if there has been any movement.