Jobs!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chang

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to find the jobs in podiatry. I was unable to find much jobs on web so if anyone can post some links it would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

chang said:
Can anyone tell me where to find the jobs in podiatry. I was unable to find much jobs on web so if anyone can post some links it would be great.

Go to the following site:
http://www.staffpointe.com/powersearch.asp

Under Keywords for your Specialty, type in "Podiatry" and hit Search.

chang said:

While there are some postings in the APMA News and on various sites, like the rest of medicine, podiatry is usually a word of mouth thing. A lot of times groups that are seeking a pod call residency programs. Since I've been in school, that is how I have seen almost all of the residents get jobs.

Members don't see this ad :)
so where and what kind of jobs do they get and how much is their starting salaries?

jonwill said:
While there are some postings in the APMA News and on various sites, like the rest of medicine, podiatry is usually a word of mouth thing. A lot of times groups that are seeking a pod call residency programs. Since I've been in school, that is how I have seen almost all of the residents get jobs.

chang said:
so where and what kind of jobs do they get and how much is their starting salaries?
Biggest employers right now are multispecialty groups and orthopaedic groups. There are also some private practice groups that look to take on more docs as they expand. Of the residents that I've followed, the salary has averaged low to mid 100's. That seems to be pretty close to the data compiled by the APMA's young members group on starting salaries released last year.

chang said:

You might also try:

http://www.podiatryzone.com/jobseekers/signup.html

You don't actually have to sign up, just click on "search"at the top and you can look at some of the offerings...but I will agree with other posters that there are probably a lot more jobs that are found by "word of mouth".

jonwill said:

I just wanted to further expand on what jonwill had written. As a 3rd year resident, I can tell you that there are quite a bit of recruitment done via mailing of job opportunities to the residency director. Besides the APMA news, another great resource for job opportunities comes directly from the Podiatry schools. For example, Temple and OCPM maintains a list of job opportunites that various employers advertise. This list is made available to the alumni. OCPM actually has this list published on the school's website, called the Great Exchange. Temple also maintains a similar list, also called the Great Exchange and is only mailed to the fellow alumni. Another great resource would be through some of your attendings in your residency program and drug / orthopedic company reps. They often hear of other job opportunities through their colleagues. Since my residency program has an awesome working relationship with the Orthopedic Surgeons at my hospital, I have also gotten some of the job opportunities through the Orthopedic Surgeons. I currently have several offers from various groups and was able to find out about these job opportunities through various resources that are mentioned above.