Employment & Professional Networking job opportunities in pediatric setting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koalafan17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a pre-OT student. As of right now, I work at a nursing home and a speech therapist told me that OT's have a hard time getting hired in the pediatric setting whether it be school or private practice. This makes me nervous because this is the main setting I want to work in. I want an OT's opinion on if this is true.

Members don't see this ad.

i'm not an OT yet, but i think that will probably depend on the supply and demand of your region. i did my fieldwork 1 placement at a private, pediatric clinic and the owner there actually had a HARD time finding someone to fill a full-time position she had available. at my school's job fair there were also several k-12 school districts actively recruiting students to work for them after graduation. point being - i think it will vary greatly depending on where you live. also - she is a speech therapist - you are right to try to get an actual OT''s perspective on this before you jump to any conclusions!