January 2016 npte

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RCA20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!!

How was the January 2016 exam?? How did you prepare? Was it harder than previous exams? Does the prep courses help improve score?

Members don't see this ad.

I took the January exam and passed. It was the first time I took it so I can't compare this exam to anything else. I basically read the O'Sullivan book cover to cover and took 1 practice exam. I looked through the other 2 in the book and read all of the explanations for the answers. I thought these practice questions really prepared me well for the actual exam.

I took the January exam and passed. It was the first time I took it so I can't compare this exam to anything else. I basically read the O'Sullivan book cover to cover and took 1 practice exam. I looked through the other 2 in the book and read all of the explanations for the answers. I thought these practice questions really prepared me well for the actual exam.

Congrats!! How long did you prepare for exam? How was your study schedule on day to day basis?

Hi,

I too cleared the exam in my first attempt for Illinois state. I would say the exam was lenient and IER study guide along with practising various types of questions (TherapyEd, Scorebuilders) helped a lot.

Hi To all ,
I recently passed that exam and I cannot contain my happiness. For those who want to know how I prepared for the exam please read below:

Tips:
The NPTE is not hard it is just right- Right I mean is if you do not have a good comprehension of a clinical situation then it will become a hard. The test will not ask you about how good you are in memorizong cetain topics or details but again it test how you really understand the question and put your self in that situation so that I can easily decide the best managment of intevention or problem of the patient.

How I prepared my Exam.

1. I took online review: it is a short course ( 2-3mos), not expensive and flexible. Imagine you can get updated PT based knowledge in your convinient time and place. No need to give up your work and it is not tiring. If you want to know this very good,accommodating and trusted review center I attended you can call them at + 917-845-0523 or email then at [email protected]

2. I have my self study program:
2-3 hrs reading time : 4x a week
Practice exam @Night: this will test your endurance
I used: scorebuilders, Goodman practice exam, Therapyed course manual

3. I read important textbook but selected topics only
- Jaime paz ( teach about clinical decision making)
- MMT worthinghams ( i read it on last week before the exam)
- Maggie ( read the joint mobilization one day before the exam or night before the exam- This is very effective believe me.)
- Goodman differential Diagnosis: summary only of pain and referred pain

4. You do not need to read many books, review guide course, notes borrowed from friends. Just stick to :
- One course manual only ( ex: therapyed or scorebuiders or IER - pls choose one only)
- to avoid confusion just read only the recommended textbook but since it is textbook it only need to open or read if you are confused with something or need clarifiction
- attend online study program ( very important). These people will help you a lot.

Good luck I hope my post will be of help to you all.