USMLE Is this overkill for step 2ck?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hyasmin

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's to hoping this forum is more active than usmle-forums

I am an IMG. I have written step one 3 months ago with a score of 246. I recently began studying for step 2ck. It's driving me crazy because of the lack of clarity on how to study for it. On the advice of a friend my study plan includes MTB2ck, MTB3 and uworld step 2ck. I'm going through MTB2ck now and it seems pretty pathetic and devoid of info. I'm covering material but I don't feel like it's beneficial. I haven't started uworld yet. I'm thinking that I should go through my step one first aid again given that I forgot just about everything. Especially pharma. Am I over killing by doing this? I don't want to do anything that isn't necessary. I don't want to break my back covering first aid again if I don't have to.

My step 2 ck aim is minimum above 250 but I'm hoping to exceed my step one score by 10 points. Please let me know if MTB plus Uworld is enough for this? Or is it worth it going through step one first aid( which of course includes step uworld notes) again?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Overkill. Go through UW Step 2, find your weaknesses, then go over them in first aid if you want, and do a repeat run. Step 2 is easy dude, you're worrying too much. The pharm on it is really basic.

Rapid response :)
I think I will stick to MTB and uworld and see how it goes. I'll decide whether I need to go back to step one first aid after that.
Thanks a lot. I appreciate your response.

Rapid response :)
I think I will stick to MTB and uworld and see how it goes. I'll decide whether I need to go back to step one first aid after that.
Thanks a lot. I appreciate your response.
If you're willing (and capable) of studying that much just memorize uworld. It's probably nearly impossible but if you can get close that's a guaranteed 265+.

Thanks JW360D.
I planned on going through the whole of uworld and the MTBs. But I was sure of step one first aid. Thanks for your response. You both gave me much needed confidence.