General Is this considered an example of leadership?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
At work as the manager in a customer service role, sometimes customers get upset/demanding at me and my staff. I once had to to accommodate a customer after criticizing my staff member (even though he was not really doing anything wrong). Afterwards, I picked up on the fact that he was upset at being blamed for no good reason and I gave him a pep talk about how he did not do anything wrong, but a part of our job came with the responsibility to please even the more demanding customers. He eventually began to understand what I was saying and I think this made us better as a team. Is this an example of leadership?
I think being in any managerial roll would be considered leadership, however I think your example is rather confusing. Try and get a different example from your management job...or reword yours so that it’s easier to understand.

Members don't see this ad.

Hm. May I ask what is confusing about it? Do you think taking initiative to do something that motivated my team to do it would serve as a better example?
I guess I think it’s just not a good example. I would just get a different example. Maybe something about how you led your team to complete some goal and succeeded. For example, you were the manager at a branch and had an idea to do A, B and C in order to reach goal X,Y, Z. You reached this goal and were the #1 in the area. Something like that to where you used your leadership to reach a goal.

At work as the manager in a customer service role, sometimes customers get upset/demanding at me and my staff. I once had to to accommodate a customer after criticizing my staff member (even though he was not really doing anything wrong). Afterwards, I picked up on the fact that he was upset at being blamed for no good reason and I gave him a pep talk about how he did not do anything wrong, but a part of our job came with the responsibility to please even the more demanding customers. He eventually began to understand what I was saying and I think this made us better as a team. Is this an example of leadership?
As a leader, what goals or positions were you asked to advocate to others?

For me, I actually like this example. I think you just need to write it well. Learning to manage the emotions of a team is important, and I think few have had the experience you have.

For me, I actually like this example. I think you just need to write it well. Learning to manage the emotions of a team is important, and I think few have had the experience you have.
I think the way they wrote it in their post is just not portraying what they want to portray. Maybe if they wrote it better it would be better...I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.