iphone apps for rotations and residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1Life

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would contribute my app picks and see what others would contribute. I know there are threads like this but they're very specific to either rotations or residency and they are kind of old.

Radiology - Joslin chest atlas $20 but a very good XR review with a quiz mode
Murmur Pro - Extensive acoustic and visual review of heart murmurs, with great illustration of the sound waveforms, where to auscultate, extensive background info on each murmur, and a sound-based multiple choice quiz
ACLS simulator - nice visual scenario of 12 cases with real time decision making algorithm

that's all i got

P.S. angry birds

Members don't see this ad.

Visible Body - a 3D full body anatomy with muscles, nerves, bones. You can take away structures or fade them away

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone tried The 5-minute Clinical Consult?

"It is good as a quick reminder of brief explanation of a topic as it gets mentioned during rounds or during the day." — GFP Resident

It's perfect for web enabled devices like the iPhone, Blackberry, Palm, Android, and Windows Mobile.

Features and Benefits include:
- Fast search ability providing you with answers in 30 seconds or less
- 900 topics including additional content not found in print
- Facts & Comparisons' A to Z drugs including monographs, monthly updates, patient education section and more
- Full content of the book with links to PubMed
- More than 1,350 patient handouts in English and Spanish from the American Academy of Family Physicians linked directly from content
- Full-color images
- Access to videos of medical procedures and physical therapy
- Updates that include new topics, videos, images, etc.

mzl.ccfefzfi.320x480-75.jpg

I think medscape is an awesome app.. And my bf has iLarynx.. Its a pretty interseting and easy to use app..

I use:

Calculators:
MedCalc
Qx Calculate

Drug guides:
Johns Hopkins ABX Guide (more than just the abx drugs)
Epocrates
Lexicomp

Other:
FOCUS Pocket Guide for TTE - Awesome, but $29.

A couple of us medicine residents at Stanford just came out with Journal Club for iPhone which puts physician-written summaries of landmark trials at your fingertips. Go snag it over at http://journalclubapp.com. You'll be glad you did.