Inveting and Finance Internships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mddre

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently,
I have decided that I would like to pursue both MD/MBA degrees. I'm a UCLA grad with a BS in Psychobiology. I will be applying to admission for medical schools for Fall of 06. In the meanwhile, aside studying for my MCAT, I would also like to get some work experience in the Investing field. I just absolutely love the stock market (Investing is one of my biggest hobbies), I know a lot about the market and investing but I know that there is much more that I need to learn. I would definitley love to find a volunteer position, intern, or even a part time position in a good investing firm. I just want to be able to work under an experienced investment advisor like aucdoctobe did, I don't care how much money I make, I just want the best mentor possible. After medicine, business is my passion. Can someone please give some advice about how I can go about finding the best investing internship possible in Los Angeles area? I have already registered on monsertrak.com, but I haven't looked thoroughly yet.

Members don't see this ad.

You are doing it right. Getting a mentor will speed up your learning by at least 10 years. It's not always easy to find a good mentor. You can find any common Joe who thinks they know a little bit about the market. Look for people who have been investing for more than 25 years. Also, look for people who made their money investing as opposed to signing up high profile clients (sales).

This would be ideal.

My favorite investor of all time is William Gann. The man was a genius and quite an investor. He once went to India and meditated on stocks. While meditating he realized some fundamental concepts about the market.

When he got back, he was making lots of money in the stock market and commodities market. A skeptical reporter once asked him what the price of wheat would be in a year from the date that he was speaking to Gann. Gann told him to wait a moment. He then looked at his notated charts and told him.

A year later the price of wheat was exactly that price. Gann was that good!

Members don't see this ad :)
Forex trading forecasts (non-linear approach)

Our research team designed a system and tested it successfully which is predicting the instant forex moves in USD/CHF, GBP/USD, USD/CAD, EUR/JPY, EUR/USD, USD/JPY, AUD/USD pairs.
Time period and signals : 8:00 - 17:00 GMT (at least 50 signal). We dont need anything about yourself to try our invention. We dont need your credit cards or anything about yourself even your name is not important for us. Just we need your opinion after your usage. If you are serious about trying our signals, contact us at [email protected] and then you will get your password on private chat rooms or netmeeting to follow signals.

Andrey Saigin,
GRI

nonlinear4x said:
Forex trading forecasts (non-linear approach)

Our research team designed a system and tested it successfully which is predicting the instant forex moves in USD/CHF, GBP/USD, USD/CAD, EUR/JPY, EUR/USD, USD/JPY, AUD/USD pairs.
Time period and signals : 8:00 - 17:00 GMT (at least 50 signal). We dont need anything about yourself to try our invention. We dont need your credit cards or anything about yourself even your name is not important for us. Just we need your opinion after your usage. If you are serious about trying our signals, contact us at [email protected] and then you will get your password on private chat rooms or netmeeting to follow signals.

Andrey Saigin,
GRI

Interesting.. I do have a few questions:

1. Do you have a website? I want to look at it.

2. I'm sorry to sound petty, but why are you guys still using an anonymous email address for an investing business? There is a lot of fraud as is in the business. We do need to be careful.

3. I would love to try out a demo, but where would I run it from? Do you host that from your server?

4. Again.. guys, why are you using netmeeting and paltalk? There is so much rumor going on over there. It's known for scams. It can cost as little as $1.45 a month to host and run a website (with your own domain name). Plus, you can get up to 50 custom email addresses. You can host your own secure talk. You can even avoid the $1.45 a month by downloading Apache and running a website from your house (I just set one up for a friend). The fact that a website may not be provided is not reassuring.

5. I definitely want to see the instant moving success. I'm into Elliot wave and can play the exponentials and moving averages also.. But I need to see a Demo with a good GUI. I need to see some evidence of historical accuracy based upon your prediction model.

Sorry to sound critical, but I am just telling the truth. By now, I've heard of what seems to be an infinite number of software programs. Not that many of them are good, though some are.

By the way, do you archive historical data on commodities -- I'm looking for a program that has a database with over 100 years of charts. I would also like to be able to customize the prediction formulas myself.

PM me if you have anything.. But if you're another salesman who is desperate to get a sale without any understanding of price and volume fluctuation, don't waiste your time.

-