Interview Invitations 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't see anybody on here talking about Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine; maybe it's in the Texas thread or something. I sent my secondary in a week ago and got an interview invitation for AUG 4th, which is really really soon. Anyone else applying there. I was also really surprised because I'm OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Sept 18th interview at Bradenton...

I don't see anybody on here talking about Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine; maybe it's in the Texas thread or something. I sent my secondary in a week ago and got an interview invitation for AUG 4th, which is really really soon. Anyone else applying there. I was also really surprised because I'm OOS

I'm a Texas resident, and I'm applying there. I've only heard good things about the school, and I do like the DFW area. I'm still waiting on verification (frustratingly) but my secondary is ready to go. Congratulations on getting the interview! What were your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)

I applied there as well... and am still waiting on TMDSAS to send my application to schools, it's been submitted but not sent, I read somewhere that your application gets sent out 18-20 days after submission so it should be any day now....

Anyway, I sort of think UNTCOM gets left out, the members of the TMDSAS thread under allopathic don't want to talk about it there b/c it's a DO school, and the DO thread sort of ignores it b/c you have to use TMDSAS and not AACOMAS to apply... Anyway... there is a thread dedicated solely to UNTCOM under DO school specifics, it might be a good idea to subscribe to that one! and Congrats on the interview!

Your OOS and you ALREADY have an interview at TCOM?? Bro, your application has got to be amazing. They only accept like 10% of their class from out of state.

I'm a Texas resident, and I'm applying there. I've only heard good things about the school, and I do like the DFW area. I'm still waiting on verification (frustratingly) but my secondary is ready to go. Congratulations on getting the interview! What were your stats?

I'm interviewing with TCOM on 7/31. I'm really excited!

Just go the email for an interview invite at TUCOM-NV. Will be making the call shortly (too early yet in NV).

droogdoc, it looks like we applied to the same schools.
i'm gonna be there on 8/25

NSU-COM started sending out invites today, does anyone have a specific interview date there yet?

Yeah, I honestly thought it was a joke because I got the email on a Sunday afternoon. This is my second year applying. 29R on MCAT, 3.6 overall GPA. Oregon resident. I did go to Baylor and am getting married in October and moving down there so I think that might have helped. I don't know what I had on my app that made them so interested but I'm glad I did

Just got an interview for NSU (Nova). I'm on the phone with them right now!

Interview day - Aug 20th.
Secondaries complete - 7/20 [All materials submitted]

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the invite to interview at Nova. August 20th, which is their first day. My file was complete on July 10th.

Oh yeah, DEFINITELY wear a suit. My buddy's girlfriend's brother is a dentist and he went to NYU, but could have went to Colombia. He walked in on interview day and was the only one wearing dress pants and a polo shirt!!!! everyone else had a suit. Yeah, Colombia rejected him.

wow I guess the way you dress make a huge impression on interview days. What would you suggests girls/female wear? suit or shirt with pencil skirt/pants?

wow I guess the way you dress make a huge impression on interview days. What would you suggests girls/female wear? suit or shirt with pencil skirt/pants?

Every interview I went on the girls wore suits... I think you'd stand out in a skirt and shirt, and be-aware of the schools dress code. For example if you are applying at LECOM Bradenton, they require girls to wear pantyhose under skirts, so if you wear a skirt to that interview you should wear pantyhose as well.

I just received an interview from NOVA. I received the secondary on July 17th, 2009, turned it in on the 20th of July and received a email on July 23rd. So, extremely quick turn around time, and excited since it is my first choice for osteopathic school. congratulations to all others who have received an interview, good luck

Last edited:
I just received an interview from NOVA. I received the secondary on July 17th, 2009, turned it in on the 20th of July and received a email on July 23rd. So, extremely quick turn around time, and excited since it is my first choice for osteopathic school. congratulations to all others who have received an interview, good luck

NOVA is one of my top choices as well, and when I have seen their past residency placements that just solidified it.

My TUCOM-NV interview is on September 1st, all the August dates were already filled up.

Does anyone know if they have the same people to interview throughout the years or they have different interviewers each year?
Also, if someone got rejected from a school, would that school still have all their primary and secondary applications from the previous year?

Does anyone know if they have the same people to interview throughout the years or they have different interviewers each year?
Also, if someone got rejected from a school, would that school still have all their primary and secondary applications from the previous year?

I'm not sure about Nova, but a lot of med schools say they destroy your materials 3 months after the matriculation year if you are not accepted. Don't know about the AACOMAS app. though...

NOVA is one of my top choices as well, and when I have seen their past residency placements that just solidified it.

My TUCOM-NV interview is on September 1st, all the August dates were already filled up.

where did you find their residency placements? btw, good luck on your interview

Interviewing at TUCOM-Nevada on Sept 15th.

Just a note for all those waiting to hear back from this school: When I called to schedule my interview day, they informed me that they will not be doing interviews on the 7th and 8th of September due to it being the Labor Day weekend.

I know LECOM Bradenton uses the same interviewers, because I had the exact same interviewers twice at that school once in 2006 and once in 2008. I also know that LECOM Bradenton keeps your application on file for one year, so if your first application was for the 2008-2009 application season, then they would have it, but if your first application was for the 2007-2008 season then they don't still have it.

Des Moines Interview Invite...going Friday, Sept. 4th. Super excited!!!

September 11 Interview at Des Moines!!

I know LECOM Bradenton uses the same interviewers, because I had the exact same interviewers twice at that school once in 2006 and once in 2008. I also know that LECOM Bradenton keeps your application on file for one year, so if your first application was for the 2008-2009 application season, then they would have it, but if your first application was for the 2007-2008 season then they don't still have it.

Cool. Thank you for your reply.

For those of you who are getting pre-secondary (fast-track) interviews to DMU, what were your statistics (GPA/MCAT/etc)

This would only pertain to those who are willing to share this information, I can understand if said people would choose to keep that information to themselves as well...

I only ask because I have yet to be verified, however, anticipate being verified by the end of this week and feel that I am a decent candidate...

Feel free to personally message me if you wish...thanks...

For those of you who are getting pre-secondary (fast-track) interviews to DMU, what were your statistics (GPA/MCAT/etc)

This would only pertain to those who are willing to share this information, I can understand if said people would choose to keep that information to themselves as well...

I only ask because I have yet to be verified, however, anticipate being verified by the end of this week and feel that I am a decent candidate...

Feel free to personally message me if you wish...thanks...

I just received a secondary which means I was not Fast Tracked :( You can take a look at my MDApps for stats.

Does anyone know approximately whhat percentage of interviewees are Fast Trackers?

I just received a secondary which means I was not Fast Tracked :( You can take a look at my MDApps for stats.

Does anyone know approximately whhat percentage of interviewees are Fast Trackers?

I was FasTracked the day after they sent me the secondary (I hadn't started working on it yet). So you don't have to get FasTracked before they send it.

So I just checked my status at WVSOM and it said I got an interview. However, I searched and searched and there is no date. Not even information on how to set up a date. It did have a link to their secondary. Maybe they made a mistake since I didn't get an e-mail. Does any know about this???

So I just checked my status at WVSOM and it said I got an interview. However, I searched and searched and there is no date. Not even information on how to set up a date. It did have a link to their secondary. Maybe they made a mistake since I didn't get an e-mail. Does any know about this???

Congrats on your interview!
I checked my status but its not an interview invite yet :-(
But, could you please tell me what the secondary prompt is?

Is it still why you want to become an osteopathic physician, and why should we accept you?[/

Last edited:
Mine says "decision pending" and then below that it says "you have been granted an interview:" but no date or other info either

I am somewhat skeptical because the intial email said they would contact via email when there are any updates and this does not give any date or means to schedule....is someone calling in the morning to check?

Mine says "decision pending" and then below that it says "you have been granted an interview:" but no date or other info either

I am somewhat skeptical because the intial email said they would contact via email when there are any updates and this does not give any date or means to schedule....is someone calling in the morning to check?

I am going to wait and see if they e-mail us a date in the morning. From the sounds of the Q/A section of their website, they send you the date. You do not get to pick a date. (which really sucks) Maybe it got to the end of the day and they didn't have time to set up actual dates.

I just got scheduled for my first interview - LECOM Erie on August 25th!

I just got scheduled for my first interview - LECOM Erie on August 25th!

Same here! See you on the 25th. Do you know if they offer other days of the week to reschedule. With travel, Monday works better for me.

LECOM-Erie interview on August 25th. They're coming fast now. See you guys there.

touro nv- aug 24.
lecom erie- sep 3.

lecom originally scheduled me for aug 25 (which would have been impossible to make) but i called and they re-scheduled me for sept 3.

i can't believe this is all happening. pretty exciting!

mine says "under review' also!!!!! :eek:
submitted about a month agao!!!! now what?

Interview invite for NOVA today. Scheduled for September 3rd!

I got invites today from LECOM-Erie and NSU!!
That brings me to

LECOM-Bradenton
LECOM-Erie
NSU
TUCOM-NV
TUCOM-NY
DMU

I got invites today from LECOM-Erie and NSU!!
That brings me to

LECOM-Bradenton
LECOM-Erie
NSU
TUCOM-NV
TUCOM-NY
DMU

I think you've gotten every invite that has been offered (except TCOM). When is your TUCOM-New York?

Last edited:
did u get a phone call ? and did ur status in ur portal change? mine still says under review..:confused:
I got an email with my interview date, and my status changed in the portal to say that I was invited (The portal didn't list the date though.)

I called to see if I was complete and they said yes last week. What should I say to ask about my status?? Thanks.

I dunno. Couldnt hurt to be blunt and asked if it was or is being reviewed. If your blunt with the admissions office, while remaining polite, they tend to be pretty accomodating.

I'm wondering how many people submitted their touro-ny secondary. it is so freaking expensive.