Internship Problems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1137797

deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry you’re going through this, can’t imagine how stressful it would be to receive this type of news in June.

A site rescinding an offer is a super serious matter and they should be working their butts off to avoid that outcome.

How helpful/responsive is your DCT generally?

This old thread has a ton of good advice which I might be relevant as you navigate these next steps: [Update] Internship Offer Possibly Revoked Due to COVID--Anyone Else?

So sorry you’re going through this, can’t imagine how stressful it would be to receive this type of news in June.

A site rescinding an offer is a super serious matter and they should be working their butts off to avoid that outcome.

How helpful/responsive is your DCT generally?

This old thread has a ton of good advice which I might be relevant as you navigate these next steps: [Update] Internship Offer Possibly Revoked Due to COVID--Anyone Else?
Oh that's a good call, thank you. My DCT is wonderful. I don't really think I'll be left without an internship, even if it's somewhere else, but it's definitely a terrifying situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got matched with *****Hospital in the first phase. They emailed my DCT (not me) this weekend and told her, essentially, they looked over my paperwork and have now run into problems with insurance or something or other. Worst case scenario, they said they might have to delay my start date or rescind my internship offer. I have a lease there and I'm moving in 3 weeks - and the move is a 10-11 hour drive.

My questions: Does anyone else know of anything like this ever happening before? Or does anyone know if other people matched at this site are having similar issues? Also, can you imagine how freaked out I am?
Take the name of this place off right now. You could be blasting potential colleagues.

This happened to someone in my cohort, she matched at her #1 site.
except they rescinded it 2 days after Match, citing lost funding. Her DCT contacted the match/appic board, and she was placed at her #2 spot!
not sure how it would happen with it being already june :(

Reactions: 1 user